On the Role of Weight Restrictions in Data Envelopment Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 1993. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195072181.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Roll, Y & Golany, B., 1993. "Alternate methods of treating factor weights in DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 99-109, January.
- Boaz Golany, 1988. "Note---A Note on Including Ordinal Relations Among Multipliers in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(8), pages 1029-1033, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Langemeier, Larry N. & Lee, Chih-Tah & Lee, Euntaik & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Agha Iqbal Ali & Wade D. Cook & Lawrence M. Seiford, 1991. "Strict vs. Weak Ordinal Relations for Multipliers in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(6), pages 733-738, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blancard, Stéphane & Hoarau, Jean-François, 2013.
"A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: A reappraisal from data envelopment analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 623-635.
- Stéphane Blancard & Jean-François Hoarau, 2013. "A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: A reappraisal from data envelopment analysis," Post-Print hal-01243423, HAL.
- Schang, Laura & Hynninen, Yrjänä & Morton, Alec & Salo, Ahti, 2016. "Developing robust composite measures of healthcare quality – Ranking intervals and dominance relations for Scottish Health Boards," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 59-67.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:70-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emrouznejad, Ali & De Witte, Kristof, 2010. "COOPER-framework: A unified process for non-parametric projects," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1573-1586, December.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:4:d:10.1057_jors.2009.4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:250:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1854-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sourour Ramzi & Mohamed Ayadi, 2016. "Assessment of Universities Efficiency Using Data Envelopment Analysis: Weights Restrictions and Super-Efficiency Measure," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 5(1), pages 40-58, February.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:54:y:2003:i:7:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601576 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:55:y:2004:i:8:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601752 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perelman, Sergio & Santín, Daniel, 2009. "How to generate regularly behaved production data? A Monte Carlo experimentation on DEA scale efficiency measurement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(1), pages 303-310, November.
- Sadeghi, Aliasghar & Mohammadzadeh Moghaddam, Abolfazl, 2016. "Uncertainty-based prioritization of road safety projects: An application of data envelopment analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 28-36.
- Francesca Giambona & Erasmo Vassallo, 2013. "Composite Indicator of Financial Development in a Benefit-of-Doubt Approach," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 42(2), pages 171-202, July.
- Lins, Marcos Pereira Estellita & Sollero, Maria Karla Vervloet & Caloba, Guilherme Marques & da Silva, Angela Cristina Moreira, 2007. "Integrating the regulatory and utility firm perspectives, when measuring the efficiency of electricity distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1413-1424, September.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Cherchye, Laurens & Sipilainen, Timo, 2006.
"The law of one price in data envelopment analysis: Restricting weight flexibility across firms,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 170(3), pages 735-757, May.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Laurens Cherchye & Timo Sipiläinen, 2003. "The Law of One Price in Data Envelopment Analysis: Restricting Weight Flexibility Across Firms," Microeconomics 0312006, EconWPA, revised 18 Dec 2003.
- E. Anthon Eff, 2004. "A Flexible-Weights School Effectiveness Index," Working Papers 200403, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Lovell, Knox, 2001. "Future Research Opportunities in Efficiency and Productivity Analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2001/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:spr:soinre:v:136:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1426-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Alejandro Nin-Pratt & Bingxin Yu, 2010.
"Getting implicit shadow prices right for the estimation of the Malmquist index: the case of agricultural total factor productivity in developing countries,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3-4), pages 349-360, May.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009. "Getting Implicit Shadow Prices Right for the Estimation of the Malmquist Index: The Case of Agricultural Total Factor Productivity in Developing Countries," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51797, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nikolaos Oikonomou & Yannis Tountas & Argiris Mariolis & Kyriakos Souliotis & Kostas Athanasakis & John Kyriopoulos, 2016. "Measuring the efficiency of the Greek rural primary health care using a restricted DEA model; the case of southern and western Greece," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 313-325, December.
- Dimitrov, Stanko & Sutton, Warren, 2010. "Promoting symmetric weight selection in data envelopment analysis: A penalty function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 281-288, January.
- repec:spr:ariqol:v:12:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11482-016-9502-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:56:y:2005:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601823 is not listed on IDEAS
- Estellita Lins, M.P. & Moreira da Silva, A.C. & Lovell, C.A.K., 2007. "Avoiding infeasibility in DEA models with weight restrictions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 956-966, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdata envelopment analysis; weight restrictions efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:8:y:1997:i:2:p:215-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.