In the National Interest: Defining Rural and Urban Correctly in Research and Public Policy
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsvetkova, Alexandra & Partridge, Mark & Betz, Micael, 2016. "Entrepreneurial and Wage and Salary Employment Response to Economic Conditions Across the Rural-Urban Continuum," MPRA Paper 75781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fangwu Wei & Tony H. Grubesic, 2015. "A Typology of Rural Airports in the United States: Evaluating Network Accessibility," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 57-85, Spring.
- Barnard, Freddie L. & Yeager, Elizabeth A., 2015. "Access to Agricultural Banks in Rural Counties in the Face of Changing Demographics, Evolving Social Preferences, and Increasing Bank Regulations," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Bev Wilson & Mallory L. Rahe, 2016. "Rural prosperity and federal expenditures, 2000–2010," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1-2), pages 3-26, March.
- George Hammond & Brian J. Osoba, 2007. "Metropolitan Statistical Area Designation: Aggregate And Industry Growth Impacts," Working Papers 07-01, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Fannin, J. Matthew & Barnes, James N., 2009. "Spatial Model Specification for Contractual Arrangements between Rural Hospitals and Physicians," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(2), pages 189-211.
- Eathington, Liesl, 2015. "Nanopolitans and Picopolitans: Exploring the Value of Core-Based Definitions Below the Micropolitan Level," Staff General Research Papers Archive 38991, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Isserman, Andrew M., . "Getting State Rural Policy Right: Definitions, Growth, and Program Eligibility," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association.
- Parshall, Lily & Gurney, Kevin & Hammer, Stephen A. & Mendoza, Daniel & Zhou, Yuyu & Geethakumar, Sarath, 2010. "Modeling energy consumption and CO2 emissions at the urban scale: Methodological challenges and insights from the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4765-4782, September.
- David Mushinski & Alexandra Bernasek & Stephan Weiler, 2015. "Job Lock in Rural versus Urban Labor Markets," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 253-273, June.
- Lambert, D. M. & Clark, C. D. & Wilcox, M. D. & Park, W. M., 2007. "Do Migrating Seniors Affect Business Establishment and Job Growth? An Empirical Look at Southeastern Nonmetropolitan Counties, 2000-2004," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 251-278.
- Thomas G. Johnson, 2013. "Rural policy," Chapters,in: Handbook of Rural Development, chapter 3, pages i-ii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:2146-:d:119794 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brigitte S. Waldorf & Julia Beckhusen & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Thomas De Graaff, 2010. "The role of human capital in language acquisition among immigrants in US metropolitan," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 39-49, June.
- Rickman, Dan S., . "A Brief on When and How Rural Economic Development Should be Done," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association.
- Kaza, Nikhil & Quercia, Roberto & Sahadi, Robert J., 2014. "Home energy efficiency and mortgage risks: an extended abstract," Community Development Investment Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue 01, pages 063-069.
More about this item
Keywordsurban and rural definitions; rural distress and prosperity; poverty; federal funding;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:inrsre:v:28:y:2005:i:4:p:465-499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.