Spatial Analysis of Rural Economic Development Using a Locally Weighted Regression Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Seung Gyu & Clark, Christopher D. & Park, William M., 2007. "Spatial Analysis of Rural Economic Development Using a Locally Weighted Regression Model," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 24-38, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven C. Deller & Tsung-Hsiu (Sue) Tsai & David W. Marcouiller & Donald B.K. English, 2001. "The Role of Amenities and Quality of Life In Rural Economic Growth," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 352-365.
- Marlon G. Boarnet & Saksith Chalermpong & Elizabeth Geho, 2005.
"Specification issues in models of population and employment growth,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 21-46, March.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Chalermpong, Saksith & Geho, Elizabeth, 2001. "Specification Issues in Models of Population and Employment Growth," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5fn0m74n, University of California Transportation Center.
- Tzu-Ling Huang & Peter F. Orazem & Darin Wohlgemuth, 2002.
"Rural Population Growth, 1950–1990: The Roles of Human Capital, Industry Structure, and Government Policy,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 615-627.
- Huang, T. & Orazem, Peter & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 2002. "Rural Population Growth, 1950-1990: The Roles of Human Capital, Industry Structure and Government Policy," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5061, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John I. Carruthers & Alexander C. Vias, 2005. "Urban, Suburban, and Exurban Sprawl in the Rocky Mountain West: Evidence from Regional Adjustment Models," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 21-48.
- Kilkenny, Maureen, 1993. "Rural vs. Urban Effects of Terminating Farm Subsidies," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11121, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Byrne, John & Shen, Bo & Wallace, William, 1998. "The economics of sustainable energy for rural development: A study of renewable energy in rural China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 45-54, January.
- Whitener, Leslie A. & McGranahan, David A., 2003. "Rural America Opportunities and Challenges," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, February.
- Mitch Renkow, 2003. "Employment Growth, Worker Mobility, and Rural Economic Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 503-513.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economics Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- A S Fotheringham & M E Charlton & C Brunsdon, 1998. "Geographically Weighted Regression: A Natural Evolution of the Expansion Method for Spatial Data Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(11), pages 1905-1927, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suhyun Jung & Seong-Hoon Cho & Roland K. Roberts, 2015. "The impact of government funding of poverty reduction programmes," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(3), pages 653-675, August.
- Lambert, D. M. & Clark, C. D. & Wilcox, M. D. & Park, W. M., 2007. "Do Migrating Seniors Affect Business Establishment and Job Growth? An Empirical Look at Southeastern Nonmetropolitan Counties, 2000-2004," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 251-278.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Lambert, Dayton M. & Roberts, Roland K. & Kim, Seung Gyu, 2008. "Moderating Urban Sprawl through Land Value Taxation," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6150, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordscreative class; locally weighted regression; natural amenities; rural economic development; Community/Rural/Urban Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:arerjl:10163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nareaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.