L’impresa tra dirigismo e mercato
This essay discusses the endemic weaknesses of Italian industry in a historical as well as analytical perspective. The main conclusion is that these weaknesses may not be determined by some hereditary shortcomings of character and skill of our entrepreneurial class, but rather by the economic and social policies that have been followed since the Constituent Assembly. In particular, the prevailing small size and strong concentration of ownership could mainly be a consequence of labour market rules introduced at the end of the 1960s, as well as the economic and social policies followed in order to permit those rules to survive, despite their inconsistency with the changing competitive environment.
Volume (Year): 96 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (July-August)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faccio, Mara & Lang, Larry H. P., 2002. "The ultimate ownership of Western European corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 365-395, September.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2000.
"The Increase of the size of the shadow economy of 18 OECD countries: Some preliminary explanations,"
Economics working papers
2000-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "The Increase of the Size of the Shadow Economy of 18 OECD Countries: Some Preliminary Explanations," CESifo Working Paper Series 306, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2002.
"Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison,"
NBER Working Papers
8711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2004. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 537-600, 04.
- Dyck, Alexander & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 3177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Becht & Fabrizio Barca, 2001. "The control of corporate Europe," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13302, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hall, Peter A. & Soskice, David (ed.), 2001. "Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247752, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpo:ripoec:v:96:y:2006:i:4:p:13-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.