Linking Human Resources with Internal Marketing in Football Management
Facing a highly pressurized environment, football managers have to innovate to secure high levels of competitivity. Being the central figure of a club, a manager can choose to link traditional human resources practices with internal marketing strategies. This inductive research tries to construct new theories about internal marketing applied to the field of sports. The relationship between the manager and several of its key stakeholders in the club (footballers, staff, board of directors and other employees) is analyzed. Discussion results show that using marketing tactics inside the club can improve the human relationships between the members of the organization and, as a consequence, the entire performance of the club. The paper also shows how each stakeholder group impacts on the wellbeing of the football club, with the manager being portrayed as the main relational knot.
Volume (Year): 16 (2015)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pitt, Leyland F. & Foreman, Susan K., 1999. "Internal Marketing Role in Organizations: A Transaction Cost Perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 25-36, January.
- Marian NASTASE & Marius GIUCLEA & Oliviana BOLD, 2012. "The Impact of Change Management in Organizations – a Survey of Methods and Techniques for a Successful Change," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(1), pages 5-16, March.
- Vladimir-Aurelian ENÃCHESCU & Costin DAMASARU, 2013. "Innovation and Creativity in Human Resource Management. Why Should We Change the Way We Teach our Students?," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(4), pages 644-653, October.
- Collins, Brett & Payne, Adrian, 1991. "Internal marketing: A new perspective for HRM," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 261-270, September.
- Ion STAVRE, 2013. "Mass Media in Search of a New Management and Business Model," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(5), pages 724-730, December.
- Corina PELAU & Patricia ZEGREANU, 2010. "Mobile Marketing – the marketing for the next generation," Management & Marketing, Economic Publishing House, vol. 5(2), Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:16:y:2015:i:3:p:372-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.