The Role of Entrepreneurship for Cluster Formation in the Economy
The paper summarizes the contribution of the entrepreneurship to the cluster formation in the economy. Emphasis is placed on the so-called “pure” entrepreneurial clusters. The features of the latter are commented on the background of an example from the Bulgarian reality. During the last decades entrepreneurship has become a significant factor for economic development. This is associated first with the recognition of innovation as an important prerequisite for business progress, and second – with the discovery of adequate driving forces, providing access to innovative solutions and their effective dissemination (diffusion mechanisms, clusters, networks, etc.).
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2011.
"What Determines Entrepreneurial Clusters?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 61-86, 02.
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2008. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," EIEF Working Papers Series 0806, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2008.
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2007. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/48, European University Institute.
- L. Guiso & F. Schivardi, 2006. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," Working Paper CRENoS 200616, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Blanchflower, D.G. & Oswald, A., 1991.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:12:y:2011:i:4:p:839-846. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.