Clustering craftwork activities: An approach to promote regional development in a peripheral region of Portugal
Portugal’s globalization and integration had positive repercussionsat the economic and social development level, but simultaneously it evidencedregional asymmetries, demanding new explanatory models to lessen existent disparities.Recent paradigms value the endogenous characteristics of the territorythat appear decisive of the country’s development, including the idea that regionsand local agents should identify new kinds of production organization and relationships,thus enhancing clusters. Given that, in the Beira Interior Norte, craftworkactivities assume a relative economic and social importance, the purpose of thepresent paper is to verify whether this sector acquires the cluster classification inthe region and continuously characterized this classification while potential clusterpromote and develop economic and social factors.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 19 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cai:recosp:reco_p1993_44n2_0171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006.
"The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers,"
SPRU Working Paper Series
138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006. "The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Edmond Malinvaud, 1993. "Regard d'un ancien sur les nouvelles théories de la croissance," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(2), pages 171-188.
- Isbasoiu, George - Marian, 2006. "Industrial Clusters and Regional Development. The Case of Timisoara and Montebelluna," MPRA Paper 5037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0054. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.