Can High Reserves Offset Weak Fundamentals? A Simple Model of Precautionary Demand for Reserves
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jie Li & Ramkishen Rajan, 2005. "Can High Reserves Offset Weak Fundamentals? A Simple Model of Precautionary Demand for Reserves," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-09, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kletzer, Kenneth & Spiegel, Mark M., 2004.
"Sterilization costs and exchange rate targeting,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 897-915, October.
- Keltzer, K. & Spiegel, M., 1999. "Sterilization Costs and Exchange Rate Targeting," Papers pb99-03, Economisch Institut voor het Midden en Kleinbedrijf-.
- Kenneth Kletzer & Mark Spiegel, 1999. "Sterilization costs and exchange rate targeting," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 99-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jung Sik Kim & Jie Li & Ramkishen S. Rajan & Ozan Sula & Thomas D. Willett, 2007. "Reserve Adequacy In Asia Revisited: New Benchmarks Based On The Size And Composition Of Capital Flow," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 23, pages 131-158.
- Christian B. Mulder & Matthieu Bussière, 1999. "External Vulnerability in Emerging Market Economies; How High Liquidity Can Offset Weak Fundamentals and the Effects of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 99/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Ben-Bassat, Avraham & Gottlieb, Daniel, 1992. "Optimal international reserves and sovereign risk," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 345-362, November.
- M. Nowak & Ketil Hviding & Luca A Ricci, 2004. "Can Higher Reserves Help Reduce Exchange Rate Volatility?," IMF Working Papers 04/189, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martín Redrado & Jorge Carrera & Diego Bastourre & Javier Ibarlucia (ed.), 2006. "The Economic Policy of Foreign Reserve Accumulation: New International Evidence," BCRA Paper Series, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, number 02, December.
- Cavoli, Tony & Rajan, Ramkishen S., 2009. "Managing Risks in a Volatile Environment: The Capital Inflows Problem in Asia," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 62(3), pages 325-340.
- Martín Redrado & Jorge Carrera & Diego Bastourre & Javier Ibarlucia, 2006. "The Economic Policy of Foreign Reserve Accumulation: New International Evidence," BCRA Working Paper Series 200614, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
- Xingwang Qian & Andreas Steiner, 2014.
"International Reserves and the Composition of Foreign Equity Investment,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 379-409, May.
- Xingwang Qian & Andreas Steiner, 2012. "International Reserves and the Composition of Equity Capital Inflows," Working Papers 90, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Jie Li & Alice Ouyang, 2011. "Currency crises: can high reserves offset vulnerable fundamentals?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(16), pages 2055-2069.
- Leong Fee Wan & Yen Li Chee, 2009. "Macroeconomic considerations in regional reserve pooling," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(14), pages 1143-1157.
- Mendoza, Ronald U., 2010. "Was the Asian crisis a wake-up call?: Foreign reserves as self-protection," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-19, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCrisis Management; Crisis Prevention; Precautionary Motive; Reserves;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ecoint:0078. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cacogit.html .