Currency crises: can high reserves offset vulnerable fundamentals?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. " Contagious Currency Crises: First Tests," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(4), pages 463-484, December.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 351-366, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "Currency crashes in emerging markets: an empirical treatment," International Finance Discussion Papers 534, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mody, Ashoka & Taylor, Mark P., 2007.
"Regional vulnerability: The case of East Asia,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1292-1310, December.
- Mody, Ashoka & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "Regional Vulnerability : The Case of East Asia," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 776, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Reitz, Stefan & Taylor, Mark P., 2008.
"The coordination channel of foreign exchange intervention: A nonlinear microstructural analysis,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 55-76, January.
- Reitz, Stefan & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "The coordination channel of foreign exchange intervention: a nonlinear microstructural analysis," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,08, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jung Sik Kim & Jie Li & Ramkishen S. Rajan & Ozan Sula & Thomas D. Willett, 2007. "Reserve Adequacy In Asia Revisited: New Benchmarks Based On The Size And Composition Of Capital Flow," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 23, pages 131-158.
- Sarno,Lucio & Taylor,Mark P., 2003. "The Economics of Exchange Rates," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521485845, August.
- Li, Jie & Rajan, Ramkishen S., 2006.
"Can High Reserves Offset Weak Fundamentals? A Simple Model of Precautionary Demand for Reserves,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics,
Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 59(3), pages 317-328.
- Jie Li & Ramkishen Rajan, 2005. "Can High Reserves Offset Weak Fundamentals? A Simple Model of Precautionary Demand for Reserves," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-09, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Mark P. Taylor, 2004. "Is Official Exchange Rate Intervention Effective?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71, pages 1-11, February.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy, 2003.
"The high demand for international reserves in the Far East: What is going on?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 370-400, September.
- Joshua Aizenman & Nancy P. Marion, 2002. "The high demand for international reserves in the Far East: what's going on?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Joshua Aizenman & Nancy Marion, 2002. "The High Demand for International Reserves in the Far East: What's Going On?," NBER Working Papers 9266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Nancy Marion, 2002. "The high demand for international reserves in the Far East: what's going on?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2002-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Christian B. Mulder & Matthieu Bussière, 1999. "External Vulnerability in Emerging Market Economies; How High Liquidity Can Offset Weak Fundamentals and the Effects of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 99/88, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdilahi Ali & Katsushi S. Imai, 2015.
"Editor's choice Crises, Economic Integration and Growth Collapses in African Countries,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 24(4), pages 471-501.
- Abdilahi Ali & Katsushi S. Imai, 2013. "Crises, Economic Integration and Growth Collapses in African Countries," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1302, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Abdilahi Ali & Katsushi S. Imai, 2013. "Crises, Economic Integration and Growth Collapses in African Countries," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-07, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:43:y:2011:i:16:p:2055-2069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.