Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 2002.
"Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1373-1406, October.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1999. "Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability ? An empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2247, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 2000. "Does Deposit Insurance Increase Banking System Stability? An Empirical Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1751, Econometric Society.
- Nier, Erlend & Baumann, Ursel, 2006. "Market discipline, disclosure and moral hazard in banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 332-361, July.
- Ece Ungan & Selçuk Caner & Süheyla Özyıldırım, 2008. "Depositors’ Assessment of Bank Riskiness in the Russian Federation," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 77-100, April.
- Karas, Alexei & Pyle, William & Schoors, Koen, 2006.
"Sophisticated discipline in a nascent deposit market : evidence from post-communist Russia,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
13/2006, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- A. Karas & W. Pyle & K. Schoors, 2007. "Sophisticated Discipline in a Nascent Deposit Market: Evidence from Post-Communist Russia," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/450, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174
Central Bank of Chile.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, June.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Jackson, Patricia & Nier, Erlend, 2005. "Banking crises and the design of safety nets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 143-159, January.
- Gonzalez, Francisco, 2005. "Bank regulation and risk-taking incentives: An international comparison of bank risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1153-1184, May.
- Caprio, Gerard & Honohan, Patrick, 2004. "Can the unsophisticated market provide discipline?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3364, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "Market discipline and deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 375-399, March.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Hanweck, Gerald A, 1988.
"Bank Insolvency Risk and the Market for Large Certificates of Deposit,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 203-211, May.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Gerald A. Hanweck, 1986. "Bank insolvency risk and the market for large certificates of deposit," Working Papers in Banking, Finance and Microeconomics 86-1, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koen Schoors & Maria Semenova & Andrey Zubanov, 2016.
"Depositor Discipline in Russian Regions: Flight to Familiarity or Trust in Local Authorities?,"
HSE Working papers
WP BRP 58/FE/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Schoors, Koen & Semenova, Maria & Zubanov, Andrey, 2017. "Depositor discipline in Russian regions: Flight to familiarity or trust in local authorities?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2017, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Antoaneta Geala, 2009. "The National Deposit Insurance System - A Market Institution at the Crossroads," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 1(1), pages 055-068, December.
- repec:scn:025886:17018063 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leyla Mammadova & Aytan Mammadova & Fuad Mammadov & Leyla Yusifzada, 2016.
"Determinants of Depositors’ Behaviour: Heterogeneous Panel Estimates,"
1603, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic.
- Mammadova, Aytan & Mammadova, Leyla & Mammadov, Fuad & Yusifzade, Leyla, 2016. "Determinants of depositors’ behaviour: Heterogeneous panel estimates," MPRA Paper 72159, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Semenova & Andrey Shapkin, 2016. "Currency Shifts as a Market Discipline Device: The Case of the Russian Market for Personal Deposits," HSE Working papers WP BRP 57/FE/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Alexei Karas & William Pyle & Koen Schoors, 2013. "Deposit Insurance, Banking Crises, and Market Discipline: Evidence from a Natural Experiment on Deposit Flows and Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(1), pages 179-200, February.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Korhonen, Iikka & Zhou, Mingming, 2010. "Does diversification increase or decrease bank risk and performance? : Evidence on diversification and the risk-return tradeoff in banking," BOFIT Discussion Papers 9/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket discipline; deposit insurance; Russia; deposit interest rates;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.