Une méta-analyse de l’évaluation économique des dommages sanitaires attribués à la pollution atmosphérique
The purpose of this paper is to describe the research method of meta-analysis and to use meta-analytical techniques to observe contextual and methodological constraints which are as many sources of divergences between the estimates of health costs of air pollution. Indeed, meta-analysis is a research method to summarize, evaluate and analyse previously obtained research results. Although it has been first employed for medical sciences, it is increasingly used in economics as a complement to a state of the art literature review. La monétarisation des externalités environnementales s’est considérablement développée ces dernières années. Dans le domaine de l’évaluation des dommages sanitaires attribués à la pollution atmosphérique, diverses méthodes ont été employées. À partir de l’ensemble des résultats, il est intéressant d’essayer d’établir une relation entre valeur obtenue et méthode utilisée.
Volume (Year): 83 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (mars)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- T. D. Stanley & Stephen B. Jarrell, 2005.
"Meta-Regression Analysis: A Quantitative Method of Literature Surveys,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 299-308, 07.
- Stanley, T D & Jarrell, Stephen B, 1989. " Meta-Regression Analysis: A Quantitative Method of Literature Survey s," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 161-170.
- Richard Ready & Ståle Navrud & Brett Day & Richard Dubourg & Fernando Machado & Susana Mourato & Frank Spanninks & Maria Rodriquez, 2004. "Benefit Transfer in Europe: How Reliable Are Transfers between Countries?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(1), pages 67-82, September.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Anne Rozan & Anne Stenger, 2000. "Intérêts et limites de la méthode du transfert de bénéfices," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 336(1), pages 69-78. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:83:y:2007:i:1:p:5-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.