Séries codépendantes : application à l’hypothèse de parité du pouvoir d’achat
We extend the ideas of cointegration theory to the case of stationary series, by introducing the notions of persistence degree and of codependence vectors. These give the directions which are the less sensitive to the shocks. Then these notions are applied to the study of relative purchasing power parity hypothesis between France and Germany. Nous étendons les idées de la cointégration au cas de séries stationnaires, en introduisant les notions de degré de persistance des chocs et de vecteurs de codépendance, directions peu sensibles à ces chocs. Ces notions sont ensuite appliquées à l’étude de la parité du pouvoir d’achat en relatif entre la France et l’Allemagne.
Volume (Year): 68 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (mars et juin)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter KUGLER & Klaus NEUSSER, 1990.
"International Real Interest Rate Equalization: A Multivariate Time Series Approach,"
Vienna Economics Papers
vie9003, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Kugler, Peter & Neusser, K, 1993. "International Real Interest Rate Equalization: A Multivariate Time-Series Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 163-74, April-Jun.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Genberg, Hans, 1978. "Purchasing power parity under fixed and flexible exchange rates," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 247-276, May.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Selover, David D., 1987. "Cointegration and models of exchange rate determination," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 43-51.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1978. "Purchasing power parity and exchange rates : Another look at the evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 397-407, August.
- Lothian, James R., 1987. "The behavior of real exchange rates," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 17-42.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Adler, Michael & Lehmann, Bruce, 1983. " Deviations from Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1471-87, December.
- Stockman, Alan C. & Stockman, Alan C., 1983. "Real exchange rates under alternative nominal exchange-rate systems," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 147-166, August.
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1986. "Intertemporal asset pricing and the term structures of exchange rates and interest rates: The eurocurrency market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 325-344, April.
- Kravis, Irving B, 1984. "Comparative Studies of National Incomes and Prices," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 1-39, March.
- Officer, Lawrence H, 1978. "The Relationship between Absolute and Relative Purchasing Power Parity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(4), pages 562-68, November.
- John Pippenger, 1982. "Purchasing Power Parity: An analysis of Predictive Error," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(2), pages 335-46, May.
- repec:fth:inseep:9107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Rush & Steven Husted, 1985. "Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 137-45, February.
- Michael R. Darby, 1980.
"Does Purchasing Power Parity Work?,"
NBER Working Papers
0607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:68:y:1992:i:1:p:283-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.