Fiscal Deficit and Inflation: An empirical analysis for India
This study examines the linkage between fiscal deficit and inflation in India. The main objective of this study is to examine the factors that are responsible for increasing fiscal deficit in India, by taking into account all factors that can affect the status of fiscal deficit. The study finds that inflation is not at all cause of fiscal deficit. However, government expenditure and money supply are found to be important determinants of mounting fiscal deficit.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 42 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.rei.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O. Cevdet Akcay & C. Emre Alper & Suleyman Ozmucur, 2001. "Budget Deficit, Inflation and Debt Sustainability: Evidence from Turkey(1970-2000)," Working Papers 2001/12, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Mohammad Aslam Chaudhary & Naved Ahmad, 1995. "Money Supply, Deficit, and Inflation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 945-956.
- George Hondroyiannis & Evangelia Papapetrou, 1997. "Are budget deficits inflationary? A cointegration approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(8), pages 493-496.
- Momi Dahan, 1998. "The Fiscal Effects of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 98/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Tayyeb Shabbir & Ayaz Ahmed, 1994. "Are Government Budget Deficits Inflationary? Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 955-967.
- Sadia Tahir, 2006. "Core Inflation Measures for Pakistan," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 2, pages 319-342.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rej:journl:v:14:y:2011:i:42:p:131-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.