Labour Market Trends during Post-Socialist Transformation: The Cases of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Russia
The paper analyzes the factors behind the evolution of employment and wages during the first decade of post-socialist transformation. It focuses on three countries: Hungary, Russia and the Czech Republic. We propose an explanation of the development of labour market trends in line with institutional approaches, which take the differences between countries to be accounted for by the role played by national features in the process of institutional and systemic change. Factors such as history, policies and labour market institutions and the role of the State, are taken into account in order to illustrate these three transformation paths.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vladislav Flek & Jiri Vecernik, 1998. "Employment and Wage Structures in the Czech Republic," Archive of Monetary Policy Division Working Papers 1998/03, Czech National Bank.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth & Alessandro Acquisti, 1998.
"Grime and punishment: job insecurity and wage arrears in the Russian Federation,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20251, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan & Acquisti, Alessandro, 1999. "Grime and Punishment: Job Insecurity and Wage Arrears in the Russian Federation," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 595-617, December.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan & Acquisti,Alessandro, 1998. "Grime And Punishment: Job Insecurity And Wage Arrears in The Russian Federation," Economics Technical Papers 986, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth & Alessandro Asquisti, 1999. "Grime and Punishment: Job Insecurity and Wage Arrears in the Russian Federation," LICOS Discussion Papers 7999, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- A Aquisti & H Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth, 1998. "Grime and Punishment: Job Insecurity and Wage Arrears in the Russian Federation," CEP Discussion Papers dp0403, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth & Alessandro Acquisti, 1999. "Grime and Punishment: Job Insecurity and Wage Arrears in the Russian Federation," CERT Discussion Papers 9907, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992.
"Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521433297.
- Atkinson,Anthony Barnes & Micklewright,John, 1992. "Economic Transformation in Eastern Europe and the Distribution of Income," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521438827.
- Kolodko, Grzegorz W., 2000. "From Shock to Therapy: The Political Economy of Postsocialist Transformation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198297437.
- Sandrine Cazes & Alena Nesporova, 2004. "Labour markets in transition: balancing flexibility and security in Central and Eastern Europe," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 91(5), pages 23-54.
- Grün, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2000.
"Growth, Income Distribution, And well-Being In Transition Countries,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
26, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2001. "Growth, income distribution and well-being in transition countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(2), pages 359-394, July.
- Gérard Roland, 2000.
"Transition and Economics: Politics, Markets, and Firms,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182033, June.
- Gérard Roland, 2004. "Transition and Economics: Politics, Markets, and Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026268148x, June.
- Cédric Durand, 2004. "De la prédation à la rente, émergence et stabilisation d'une oligarchie capitaliste dans la métallurgie russe (1991-2002)," Géographie, économie, société, Lavoisier, vol. 6(1), pages 23-42.
- Flakierski, Henryk, 1979. "Economic Reform and Income Distribution in Hungary," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 15-32, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.