Bayesian Model Selection in the Analysis of Cointegration
In this paper we present the Bayesian model selection procedure within the class of cointegrated processes. In order to make inference about the cointegration space we use the class of Matrix Angular Central Gaussian distributions. To carry out posterior simulations we use an alorithm based on the collapsed Gibbs sampler. The presented methods are applied to the analysis of the price - wage mechanism in the Polish economy.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cejeme.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Banerjee, A. & Cockerell, L. & Russell, B., 1998.
"An I(2) Analysis of Inflation and the Markup,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99203, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1992.
"On Weak Exogeneity in Error Correction Models,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(2), pages 187-207, May.
- Gary Koop & Simon M. Potter & Rodney W. Strachan, 2005.
"Re-examining the Consumption-Wealth Relationship: The Role of Model Uncertainty,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
05/3, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Gary Koop & Simon M. Potter & Rodney W. Strachan, 2008. "Re-Examining the Consumption-Wealth Relationship: The Role of Model Uncertainty," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(2-3), pages 341-367, 03.
- Gary Koop & Simon M. Potter & Rodney W. Strachan, 2005. "Reexamining the consumption-wealth relationship: the role of model uncertainty," Staff Reports 202, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Strachan, Rodney W. & Inder, Brett, 2004. "Bayesian analysis of the error correction model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 307-325, December.
- Rodney W. Strachan, 2007.
"Bayesian Inference in Cointegrated I (2) Systems: A Generalization of the Triangular Model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2-4), pages 439-468.
- Rodney W. Strachan, 2005. "Bayesian Inference in Cointegrated I (2) Systems: a Generalisation of the Triangular Model," Discussion Papers in Economics 05/14, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Chikuse, Yasuko, 1990. "The matrix angular central Gaussian distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 265-274, May.
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Welfe, Aleksander, 1998. "The price-wage mechanism: An endogenous switching model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 365-374, February.
- Rodney Strachan & Herman K. van Dijk, .
"Bayesian Model Averaging in Vector Autoregressive Processes with an Investigation of Stability of the US Great Ratios and Risk of a Liquidity Trap in the USA, UK and Japan,"
MRG Discussion Paper Series
1407, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Strachan, R.W. & van Dijk, H.K., 2007. "Bayesian model averaging in vector autoregressive processes with an investigation of stability of the US great ratios and risk of a liquidity trap in the USA, UK and Japan," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2007-11, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Welfe, Aleksander & Majsterek, Michal, 2002. "Wage and Price Inflation in Poland in the Period of Transition: The Cointegration Analysis," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 205-19.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psc:journl:v:1:y:2009:i:1:p:57-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.