Stochastic Search Variable Selection in Vector Error Correction Models with an Application to a Model of the UK Macroeconomy
This paper develops methods for Stochastic Search Variable Selection (currently popular with regression and Vector Autoregressive models) for Vector Error Correction models where there are many possible restrictions on the cointegration space. We show how this allows the researcher to begin with a single unrestricted model and either do model selection or model averaging in an automatic and computationally efficient manner. We apply our methods to a large UK macroeconomic model.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Sir William Duncan Building, 130 Rottenrow, Glasgow G4 0GE|
Phone: +44 (0)141 548 3842
Fax: +44 (0)141 548 4445
Web page: http://www.strath.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giordani, Paolo & Kohn, Robert, 2006.
"Efficient Bayesian Inference for Multiple Change-Point and Mixture Innovation Models,"
Working Paper Series
196, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Giordani, Paolo & Kohn, Robert, 2008. "Efficient Bayesian Inference for Multiple Change-Point and Mixture Innovation Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 66-77, January.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, December.
- Jochmann, Markus & Koop, Gary & Strachan, Rodney W., 2010.
"Bayesian forecasting using stochastic search variable selection in a VAR subject to breaks,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 326-347, April.
- Markus Jochmann & Gary Koop & Rodney W. Strachan, 2008. "Bayesian Forecasting using Stochastic Search Variable Selection in a VAR Subject to Breaks," Working Paper Series 19_08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:str:wpaper:0919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kirsty Hall)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.