Trajectoires de croissance et volatilité macroéconomique dans le Mercosur : quelques éléments d'analyse empirique
[eng] Alexis Saludjian — Growth trends and macro-economic volatility in the Mercosur : Some elements of empirical analysis. To determine whether or not the nature of economic integration is a vector of macro- economic volatility, it is necessary to study the characteristics of different growth patterns in the countries of the Mercosur by bringing to light established trends. Such is the purpose of this article, which assesses the performance of the zone during the 1960-2002 period and analyses the strengths and limits of each growth pattern. The Mercosur and the modalities of its development between 1991 and 2003 are given special consideration by stressing the importance of pattern change and its impact as regards macro-economic volatility.
Volume (Year): 45 (2004)
Issue (Month): 179 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/tiers|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo J. Caballero, 2000.
"Macroeconomic Volatility in Latin America: A View and Three Case Studies,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6863, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ricardo J.Caballero, 2001. "Macroeconomic volatility in Latin America: a view and three case studies," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1 Year 20), pages 5-52, June.
- Ricardo J. Caballero, 2000. "Macroeconomic Volatility in Latin America: A View and Three Case Studies," NBER Working Papers 7782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin, 1996.
"Securing Stability and Growth in a Shock Prone Region: The Policy Challenge for Latin America,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
5919, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin, 1996. "Securing Stability and Growth in a Shock Prone Region: The Policy Challenge for Latin America," Research Department Publications 4020, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:rtiers:tiers_1293-8882_2004_num_45_179_5511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.