Spécialisation et protection en présence de biens intermédiaires échangés
[fre] Spécialisation et protection en présence de biens intermédiaires échangés Les productions nationales incorporent une proportion croissante de biens intermédiaires importés. Ce résultat est vérifié indépendamment des chocs pétroliers pour la CEE. Il est donc nécessaire de prendre en compte les contenus en consommations intermédiaires importées lors de la mesure des spécialisations nationales : on parlera alors de spécialisation effective. La relation de cette dernière à la protection effective est instable à long terme, ce qui permet de tirer des conclusions normatives en matière de politiques tarifaires. [eng] Specialization and protection with traded intermediate inputs Domestic output integrates a rising part of imported intermediate inputs. This resuit is supported by EEC datas independantly of oil shocks. This phenomenon implies a reappraisal of the specialization indicators in the view of effective specialization. The long-term instability of the relation between effective protection and effective specialization leads to normative conclusions conceming tariff policies.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Srinivasan, T. N., 1973.
"The general equilibrium theory of effective protection and resource allocation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 259-281, August.
- J. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1972. "The General Equilibrium Theory of Effective Protection and Resource Allocation," Working papers 91, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Finger, J M, 1969. "Substitution and the Effective Rate of Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 972-975, Nov./Dec..
- Corden, W M, 1969. "Effective Protective Rates in the General Equilibrium Model: A Geometric Note," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 135-141, July.
- W. M. Corden, 1966. "The Structure of a Tariff System and the Effective Protective Rate," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 221-221.
- Ethier, Wilfred, 1972. "Input Substitution and the Concept of the Effective Rate of Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 34-47, Jan.-Feb..
- Sanyal, Kalyan K & Jones, Ronald W, 1982. "The Theory of Trade in Middle Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 16-31, March.
- Kubo, Yuji, 1985. "A cross-country comparison of interindustry linkages and the role of imported intermediate inputs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(12), pages 1287-1298, December.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Gene M. Grossman, 1982. "Trade and Protection with Multistage Production," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 583-594.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Gene M. Grossman, 1981. "Trade and Protection with Multistage Production," NBER Working Papers 0794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaroslav Vanek, 1963. "Variable Factor Proportions and Interindustry Flows in the Theory of International Trade," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(1), pages 129-142.
- Khang, Chulsoon, 1973. "Factor substitution in the theory of effective protection: A general equilibrium analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 227-243, August.
- Sanyal, Kalyan K, 1983. "Vertical Specialization in a Ricardian Model with a Continuum of Stages of Production," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 71-78, February.
- Melvin, James R., 1985. "Domestic taste differences, transportation costs and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 65-82, February.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1981. "The Theory of Domestic Content Protection and Content Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(4), pages 583-603.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Casas, Francisco R, 1973. "Intermediate Products and the Pure Theory of International Trade: A Neo-Heckscher-Ohlin Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 297-311, June.
- Jones, Ronald W., 1971. "Effective protection and substitution," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 59-81, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:reveco:reco_0035-2764_1991_num_42_1_409264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.