Strategic Business Alliances: Qualitative Analysis of Specific Factors of Business Clusters
Global corporations and companies with international portfolios increasingly concentrate their activities not only on the international expansion of their products or services and global diversifi cation of their capital portfolios, but also on an effective integration in the global value chain in all areas of their activities. This article focuses on the specific analysis of strategic business alliances, which are built on the principles of cluster organization in order to obtain higher synergic effects. This analysis is based on the intensive literature review and several case studies of an organization of different clusters with various specialisations in different areas. The main objective of the analysis is to determine clearly the characterisation and taxonomy of clusters, specific reasons for establishing/running a cluster, and the main advantages and risks of these structures in the global business environment.
Volume (Year): 2009 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/aop/ Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marjolein C. J. Caniëls & Henny A. Romijn, 2005.
"What drives innovativeness in industrial clusters? Transcending the debate,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 497-515, July.
- Caniels, M.C.J. & Romijn, H.A., 2003. "What drives innovativeness in industrial clusters? Transcending the debate," Working Papers 03.04, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Deepak Nayyar, 2006. "Globalisation, history and development: a tale of two centuries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 137-159, January.
- Keijiro Otsuka, 2006. "Cluster-Based Industrial Development: A View From East Asia," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(3), pages 361-376.
- Skokan, Karel, 2007.
"Klastry v transformaci regionů - pět let poté
[Clusters in the Transformation of Regions - Five years After]," MPRA Paper 12379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gamal Atallah, 2005. "R&D cooperation with asymmetric spillovers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 919-936, August.
- Lisa De Propris & Nigel Driffield, 2006. "The importance of clusters for spillovers from foreign direct investment and technology sourcing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 277-291, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlaop:v:2009:y:2009:i:4:id:276:p:19-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.