Evaluacion De Las Oportunidades De Mejoramiento De La Logistica Directa De Emergencia
Ambulances services, taxis, pizza delivery and vehicle tows have in common a sub-process of gathering the requests, usually by call-centers, and a sub-process of execution, consisting on dispatching a vehicle to the site. In this article we model those services in an integrated way, identifying key performance indicators for the manager and the client, and the tradeoffs among those indices. We analyze the performance of Unidad Coronaria Móvil, the firm that pioneered the private ambulance services in Chile. We evaluate the main opportunities for improvement, including the reduction of lead-times, fleet enlargements and the optimization of the bases coverage.
Volume (Year): 7 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://eacc10.puc.cl/RePEc/pch/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jaume Puig‐Junoy & Marc Saez & Esther Martínez‐García, 1998. "Why do patients prefer hospital emergency visits? A nested multinomial logit analysis for patient‐initiated contacts," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 39-52, September.
- Ward Whitt, 1992. "Understanding the Efficiency of Multi-Server Service Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 708-723, May.
- Tamer Boyaci & Saibal Ray, 2003. "Product Differentiation and Capacity Cost Interaction in Time and Price Sensitive Markets," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 18-36, May.
- Schroeter, John R., 1983.
"A Model of Taxi Service Under Fare Structure and Fleet Size Regulation,"
Staff General Research Papers
11120, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John R. Schroeter, 1983. "A Model of Taxi Service under Fare Structure and Fleet Size Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 81-96, Spring.
- James E. Smith & Detlof von Winterfeldt, 2004. "Anniversary Article: Decision Analysis in Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 561-574, May.
- Fujiwara, Okitsugu & Makjamroen, Thanet & Gupta, Kapil Kumar, 1987. "Ambulance deployment analysis: A case study of Bangkok," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 9-18, July.
- Linda V. Green & Peter J. Kolesar, 2004. "ANNIVERSARY ARTICLE: Improving Emergency Responsiveness with Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1001-1014, August.
- Linda Green & Peter Kolesar, 1989. "Testing the Validity of a Queueing Model of Police Patrol," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(2), pages 127-148, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pch:abante:v:7:y:2004:i:2:p:179-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gimena Pardo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.