Understanding the Efficiency of Multi-Server Service Systems
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bin Hu & Saif Benjaafar, 2009. "Partitioning of Servers in Queueing Systems During Rush Hour," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 416-428, October.
- Venkateshan, Prahalad & Mathur, Kamlesh & Ballou, Ronald H., 2010. "Locating and staffing service centers under service level constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(1), pages 55-70, February.
- Zohar Feldman & Avishai Mandelbaum & William A. Massey & Ward Whitt, 2008. "Staffing of Time-Varying Queues to Achieve Time-Stable Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(2), pages 324-338, February.
- Izady, Navid & Worthington, Dave, 2012. "Setting staffing requirements for time dependent queueing networks: The case of accident and emergency departments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(3), pages 531-540.
- Josh Reed & Bo Zhang, 0. "Managing capacity and inventory jointly for multi-server make-to-stock queues," Queueing Systems: Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-34.
- Noah Gans & Ger Koole & Avishai Mandelbaum, 2003. "Telephone Call Centers: Tutorial, Review, and Research Prospects," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 79-141, September.
- Marcos Singer & Patricio Donoso & Natalia Jadue, 2004. "Evaluacion De Las Oportunidades De Mejoramiento De La Logistica Directa De Emergencia," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 7(2), pages 179-209.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- O. Garnet & A. Mandelbaum & M. Reiman, 2002. "Designing a Call Center with Impatient Customers," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 208-227, October.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9364-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guodong Pang & Ward Whitt, 2009. "Service Interruptions in Large-Scale Service Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1499-1512, September.
- Constantinos Maglaras & Assaf Zeevi, 2003. "Pricing and Capacity Sizing for Systems with Shared Resources: Approximate Solutions and Scaling Relations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(8), pages 1018-1038, August.
- Morton, Alec & Bevan, Gwyn, 2008. "What's in a wait: Contrasting management science and economic perspectives on waiting for emergency care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 207-217, February.
- Müller-Clostermann, Bruno, 2007. "Using G/G/m-models for multi-server and mainframe capacity planning," ICB Research Reports 16, University Duisburg-Essen, Institute for Computer Science and Business Information Systems (ICB).
- Benjaafar, Saifallah, 1995. "Performance bounds for the effectiveness of pooling in multi-processing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 375-388, December.
- Ward Whitt, 1999. "Partitioning Customers into Service Groups," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(11), pages 1579-1592, November.
- repec:spr:queues:v:86:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11134-017-9519-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcos Singer & Patricio Donoso & Alan Scheller-Wolf, 2008. "Una Introducción A La Teoría De Colas Aplicada A La Gestión De Servicios," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 11(2), pages 93-120.
- René Bekker & Paulien Koeleman, 2011. "Scheduling admissions and reducing variability in bed demand," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 237-249, September.
- Karin Eeden & Dennis Moeke & René Bekker, 2016. "Care on demand in nursing homes: a queueing theoretic approach," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 227-240, September.
- Rodney B. Wallace & Ward Whitt, 2005. "A Staffing Algorithm for Call Centers with Skill-Based Routing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 276-294, August.
- Komonen, Kari, 2002. "A cost model of industrial maintenance for profitability analysis and benchmarking," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 15-31, September.
More about this item
Keywordsqueues; multi-server queues; service systems; utilization; economy of scale; approximations; probability of delay; peakedness; Hayward's approximation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:38:y:1992:i:5:p:708-723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.