Optimizing large-scale emergency medical system operations on highways using the hypercube queuing model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth R. Chelst & Ziv Barlach, 1981. "Multiple Unit Dispatches in Emergency Services: Models to Estimate System Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(12), pages 1390-1409, December.
- Iannoni, Ana Paula & Morabito, Reinaldo, 2007. "A multiple dispatch and partial backup hypercube queuing model to analyze emergency medical systems on highways," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 755-771, November.
- Armann Ingolfsson & Susan Budge & Erhan Erkut, 2008. "Optimal ambulance location with random delays and travel times," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 262-274, September.
- Morabito, Reinaldo & Chiyoshi, Fernando & Galvão, Roberto D., 2008. "Non-homogeneous servers in emergency medical systems: Practical applications using the hypercube queueing model," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 255-270, December.
- J. P. Jarvis, 1985. "Approximating the Equilibrium Behavior of Multi-Server Loss Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 235-239, February.
- Saydam, Cem & Aytug, Haldun, 2003. "Accurate estimation of expected coverage: revisited," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 69-80, March.
- Geroliminis, Nikolas & Karlaftis, Matthew G. & Skabardonis, Alexander, 2009. "A spatial queuing model for the emergency vehicle districting and location problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 798-811, August.
- Atkinson, J.B. & Kovalenko, I.N. & Kuznetsov, N. & Mykhalevych, K.V., 2008. "A hypercube queueing loss model with customer-dependent service rates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 223-239, November.
- Iannoni, Ana Paula & Morabito, Reinaldo & Saydam, Cem, 2009. "An optimization approach for ambulance location and the districting of the response segments on highways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 528-542, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boyacı, Burak & Geroliminis, Nikolas, 2015. "Approximation methods for large-scale spatial queueing systems," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 151-181.
- de Souza, Regiane Máximo & Morabito, Reinaldo & Chiyoshi, Fernando Y. & Iannoni, Ana Paula, 2015. "Incorporating priorities for waiting customers in the hypercube queuing model with application to an emergency medical service system in Brazil," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 274-285.
More about this item
KeywordsEmergency medical systems Ambulance deployment Approximate hypercube queuing model Multi-start greedy heuristic Probabilistic location and districting problems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:45:y:2011:i:3:p:105-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .