The four fallacies of contemporary austerity policies: the lost Keynesian legacy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 1065-1188, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Minford, 2010. "The Banking Crisis: A Rational Interpretation," Political Studies Review, Political Studies Association, vol. 8(1), pages 40-54.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Fagiolo, Giorgio & Roventini, Andrea, 2010.
"Schumpeter meeting Keynes: A policy-friendly model of endogenous growth and business cycles,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1748-1767, September.
- Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Andrea Roventini, 2008. "Schumpeter Meeting Keynes: A Policy-Friendly Model of Endogenous Growth and Business Cycles," Working Papers 50/2008, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Andrea Roventini, 2008. "Schumpeter Meeting Keynes: A Policy-Friendly Model of Endogenous Growth and Business Cycles," LEM Papers Series 2008/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Amable, Bruno, 2003. "The Diversity of Modern Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261147.
- Christopher Adam & David Vines, 2009. "Remaking macroeconomic policy after the global financial crisis: a balance-sheet approach," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(4), pages 507-552, Winter.
- José Gabriel Palma, 2009. "The revenge of the market on the rentiers," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 829-869, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constantinos Alexiou & Joseph G. Nellis, 2013. "Challenging the Raison dâ€™etre of Internal Devaluation in the Context of the Greek Economy," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(6), pages 813-836, December.
- Botta, Alberto & Tori, Daniele, 2017. "A critique to the expansionary austerity (part III): empirical counter facts beyond theoretical weaknesses," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16387, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Robert Boyer, 2013. "The euro crisis: undetected by conventional economics, favoured by nationally focused polity," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 533-569.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2014.
"(When) Does Austerity Work? On the Conditional Link between Fiscal Austerity and Debt Sustainability,"
Cyprus Economic Policy Review,
University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 8(1), pages 71-92, June.
- Monastiriotis, Vassilis, 2014. "(When) does austerity work? On the conditional link between fiscal austerity and debt sustainability," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57615, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & collin constantine & Severin Reissl, 2016. "Explaining the Euro crisis: Current account imbalances, credit booms and economic policy in different economic paradigms," Working Papers PKWP1617, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Alberto Botta & Daniele Tori, 2015. "A critique to the expansionary austerity: Theoretical weaknesses and empirical counter evidence," Working Papers PKWP1511, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Andrikopoulos, Andreas & Samitas, Aristeidis & Bekiaris, Michalis, 2014. "Corporate social responsibility reporting in financial institutions: Evidence from Euronext," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 27-35.
- Sheila C. Dow, 2014. "The role of belief in the debate over austerity policies," Working Papers PKWP1409, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Alberto Botta, 2016. "The Short- and Long-run Inconsistency of the Expansionary Austerity Theory: A Post-Keynesian/Evolutionist Critique," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_878, Levy Economics Institute.
- Streeck, Wolfgang, 2013. "The politics of public debt: Neoliberalism, capitalist development, and the restructuring of the state," MPIfG Discussion Paper 13/7, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Natalia Q. Cotarelli, Thiago C. Simonato, Vinicius A. Vale & Jaqueline C. Visentin, 2018. "The Grand Tour: Keynes and Goodwin go to Greece," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2018_01, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Fernando Luengo Escalonilla & Lucía Vicent Valverde, 2014. "Encrucijadas de la moneda única: Algunas claves para una reflexión desde la periferia," Policy Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 14-01, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:cambje:v:36:y:2012:i:1:p:283-312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/cje .