Index of Exchange Market Pressure (EMP): Specifics of Emerging Markets
This article discusses the methodological approaches to the definition of the index of exchange market pressure, considers its application. EMP is calculated for 49 developed and emerging countries, particularly for the analysis of integration processes between the economies. The results can be recommended to develop the anti-crisis economic policy.
Volume (Year): 14 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Masson, Paul, 1999. "Contagion:: macroeconomic models with multiple equilibria," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 587-602, August.
- Graciela Kaminsky & Saul Lizondo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 97/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- Bracker, Kevin & Koch, Paul D., 1999. "Economic determinants of the correlation structure across international equity markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 443-471.
- Hale, Galina & Arteta, Carlos, 2009.
"Currency crises and foreign credit in emerging markets: Credit crunch or demand effect?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 758-774, October.
- Galina Hale & Carlos Arteta, 2007. "Currency crises and foreign credit in emerging markets: credit crunch or demand effect?," Working Paper Series 2007-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. " Contagious Currency Crises: First Tests," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(4), pages 463-84, December.
- Pozo, Susan & Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina, 2003. "Statistical distributions and the identification of currency crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 591-609, August.
- Fiess, Norbert & Shankar, Rashmi, 2009. "Determinants of exchange rate regime switching," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 68-98, February.
- Mody, Ashoka & Taylor, Mark P., 2006.
"Regional Vulnerability : The Case of East Asia,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
776, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Weymark, Diana N, 1997. "Measuring the degree of exchange market intervention in a small open economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-79, February.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 2000.
"On crises, contagion, and confusion,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 145-168, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2012:i:14:p:51-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.