Contracts and Domination in Competitive Economies
A new concept of contract-based domination by coalitions for competitive economies is proposed and studied in the paper. This concept is based on the notion of (barter) contract (an elementary exchange of commodities). Here classical coalitions domination is transferred onto systems (webs) of contracts and this way implemented contractual allocations which stability properties are investigated. It is shown that suggested approach is efficiently modeling perfect competition conditions and allows to describe various known classical concepts for a perfect economy – equilibria, core, fuzzy core etc. – in pure game-theoretical terms. For non-perfect economies, in which not every contract is permissible, it may serve as one of the model primitives to refine and to solve various theoretical problems.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521576475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yildiz, Muhamet, 2003.
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 465-487, November.
- Magill, Michael & Shafer, Wayne, 1991. "Incomplete markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 1523-1614 Elsevier.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "Information, Efficiency, and the Core of an Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 807-16, July.
- Gale, Douglas, 1978. "The core of a monetary economy without trust," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 456-491, December.
- Nir Dagan & Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 1996.
"Bargaining, Coalitions, and Competition,"
Economic theory and game theory
003, Oscar Volij, revised Jul 1998.
- Nir Dagan & Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 1996. "Bargaining, coalitions and competition," Economics Working Papers 178, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nir Dagan & Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 1996. "Bargaining, Coalitions, and Competition," Economic theory and game theory 014, Nir Dagan, revised May 1999.
- Volij, Oscar & Serrano, Roberto, 2000. "Bargaining, Coalitions and Competition," Staff General Research Papers 5107, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Monique Florenzano & Valeri Marakulin, 2000. "Production Equilibria in Vector Lattices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1396, Econometric Society.
- Vind, Karl, 1995.
"Perfect competition or the core,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1733-1745, December.
- Madden, Paul J, 1975. "Efficient Sequences of Non-Monetary Exchange," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 581-96, October.
- Graham, Daniel A. & Peter Jennergren, L. & Peterson, David W. & Roy Weintraub, E., 1976. "Trader-commodity parity theorems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 443-454, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2011:i:9:p:10-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.