Production Equilibria in Vector Lattices
The general purpose of this paper is to prove quasiequilibrium existence theorems for production economies with general consumption sets in an infinite dimensional commodity space, without assuming any monotonicity of preferences or free-disposal in production. The commodity space is a vector lattice commodity space whose topological dual is a sublattice of its order dual. We formulate two kinds of properness concepts for agents' preferences and production sets, which reduce to more classical ones when the commodity space is locally convex and the consumption sets coincide with the positive cone. Assuming properness allows for extension theorems of quasiequilibrium prices obtained for the economy restricted to some order ideal of the commodity space. As an application, the existence of quasiequilibrium in the whole economy is proved without any assumption of monotonicity of preferences or free-disposal in production.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aliprantis, C.D. & R. & Tourky & Yannelis, N.C., 1998. "A Theory of Value With Auction Prices," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 670, The University of Melbourne.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Richard, Scott F., 1991. "A new approach to the existence of equilibria in vector lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1999.
"Production equilibria in locally proper economies with unbounded and unordered consumers,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 303-315, November.
- Larry E. Jones, 1982.
"A Competitive Model of Commodity Differentiation,"
526, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, D. J., 1982.
"Equilibrium in Markets with a Riesz Space of Commodities,"
427, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J., 1983. "Equilibria in markets with a Riesz space of commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 189-207, April.
- Darrell Duffie & William Zame, 1988.
"The Consumption-Based Capital Asset Pricing Model,"
88-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:1997.03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985.
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Back, Kerry, 1988.
"Structure of consumption sets and existence of equilibria in infinite-dimensional spaces,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 89-99, February.
- Kerry Back, 1986. "Structure of Consumption Sets and Existence of Equilibria in Infinite Dimensional Spaces," Discussion Papers 633, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Equilibria in vector lattices without ordered preferences or uniform properness," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 465-485.
- Marakulin, Valeri M., 1998. "Production equilibria in vector lattices with unordered preferences : an approach using finite-dimensional approximations," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9821, CEPREMAP.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1986. "The Price Equilibrium Existence Problem in Topological Vector Lattice s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1039-53, September.
- Boyd, John H, III & McKenzie, Lionel W, 1993. "The Existence of Competitive Equilibrium over an Infinite Horizon with Production and General Consumption Sets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier.
- Florenzano, Monique & Deghdak, Messaoud, 1997.
"Decentralizing edgeworth equilibria in economies with many commodities,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Messaoud Deghdak & Monique Florenzano, 1999. "Decentralizing Edgeworth equilibria in economies with many commodities," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 297-310.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Tourky, R. & Yannelis, N. C., 2000. "The Riesz-Kantorovich formula and general equilibrium theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 55-76, August.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Araujo, A. & Monteiro, P. K., 1989. "Equilibrium without uniform conditions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 416-427, August.
- Zame, William R, 1987. "Competitive Equilibria in Production Economies with an Infinite-Dimensional Commodity Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1075-1108, September.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998.
"A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:wc2000:1396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.