A New Approach to the Lmit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices
We consider economies with general consumption sets in a vector lattice commodity space. We show, by adapting the techniques of Mas-Colell and Richard (8) and Richard (10), the Edgeworth equilibria can be supported as pseudo-equilibria by continuous prices. A corollary of this result is that continuous equilibrium prices support those allocations supported by discontinuous equilibrium prices. Hence, we improve and provide an alternative proof to Mas-Colell and Richard's hypothesis on the relationship between continuous and discontinuous equilibrium prices in models with a vector lattice commodity space and a vector lattice price space.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J., 1983.
"Equilibria in markets with a Riesz space of commodities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 189-207, April.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, D. J., 1982. "Equilibrium in Markets with a Riesz Space of Commodities," Working Papers 427, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D & Brown, Donald J & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1109-1137, September.
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985. "Edgeworth Equilibria," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Richard, Scott F., 1989. "A new approach to production equilibria in vector lattices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Equilibria in vector lattices without ordered preferences or uniform properness," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 465-485.
- Chichilnisky Graciela & Heal Geoffrey M., 1993. "Competitive Equilibrium in Sobolev Spaces without Bounds on Short Sales," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 364-384, April.
- Florenzano Monique, 1988. "Edgeworth equilibria, fuzzy core and equilibria of a production economy without ordered preferences," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8822, CEPREMAP.
- Boyd, John H, III & McKenzie, Lionel W, 1993. "The Existence of Competitive Equilibrium over an Infinite Horizon with Production and General Consumption Sets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Zame, William R, 1987. "Competitive Equilibria in Production Economies with an Infinite-Dimensional Commodity Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1075-1108, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ltr:wpaper:1997.03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Scoglio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.