Equilibrium analysis in financial markets with countably many securities
An F-cone is a pointed and generating convex cone of a real vector space that is the union of a countable family of finite dimensional polyedral convex cones such that each of which is an extremel subset of the subsequent one. In this paper, we study securities markets with countably many securities and arbitrary finite portfolio holdings. Moreover, we assume that each investor is constrained to have a non-negative end-of-period wealth. If, under the portfolio dominance order, the positive cone of the portfolio space is an F-cone, then Edgeworth allocations and non-trivial quasi-equilibria exist. This result extend the case where, as in Aliprantis et al.[JME 30 (1998a) 347-366], the positive cone is a Yudin cone.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985.
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & D. J. Brown & I. A. Polyrakis & J. Werner, 1996.
"Portfolio Dominance and Optimality in Infinite Security Markets,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
383, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Brown, D. J. & Polyrakis, I. A. & Werner, J., 1998. "Portfolio dominance and optimality in infinite security markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 347-366, October.
- Brown,Donald & Werner,Jan, 1991.
"Arbitrage and existence of equilibrium in infinite asset markets,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
344, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Brown, Donald J & Werner, Jan, 1995. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Infinite Asset Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 101-14, January.
- Brown, D.J. & Werner, J., 1992. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Finite Asset Markets," Papers 43, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Brown, Donald & Werner, Jan, 1993. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Infinite Asset Markets," Working Papers 825, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998.
"A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
- Florenzano Monique, 1988. "Edgeworth equilibria, fuzzy core and equilibria of a production economy without ordered preferences," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8822, CEPREMAP.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Monteiro, Paulo K. & Tourky, Rabee, 2004. "Non-marketed options, non-existence of equilibria, and non-linear prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 345-357, February.
- Monique Florenzano, 2008.
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
b08005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Monique Florenzano, 2007. "General equilibrium," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00250167, HAL.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "A Theory of Value with Non-linear Prices: Equilibrium Analysis beyond Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 22-72, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:40:y:2004:i:6:p:683-699. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.