Equilibrium analysis in financial markets with countably many securities
An F-cone is a pointed and generating convex cone of a real vector space that is the union of a countable family of finite dimensional polyedral convex cones such that each of which is an extremel subset of the subsequent one. In this paper, we study securities markets with countably many securities and arbitrary finite portfolio holdings. Moreover, we assume that each investor is constrained to have a non-negative end-of-period wealth. If, under the portfolio dominance order, the positive cone of the portfolio space is an F-cone, then Edgeworth allocations and non-trivial quasi-equilibria exist. This result extend the case where, as in Aliprantis et al.[JME 30 (1998a) 347-366], the positive cone is a Yudin cone.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald J. Brown & Jan Werner, 1995.
"Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Infinite Asset Markets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 101-114.
- Brown, D.J. & Werner, J., 1992. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Finite Asset Markets," Papers 43, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Brown,Donald & Werner,Jan, 1991. "Arbitrage and existence of equilibrium in infinite asset markets," Discussion Paper Serie A 344, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Brown, Donald & Werner, Jan, 1993. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Infinite Asset Markets," Working Papers 825, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Monteiro, Paulo K. & Tourky, Rabee, 2004. "Non-marketed options, non-existence of equilibria, and non-linear prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 345-357, February.
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985.
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Monique Florenzano, 2007.
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Monique Florenzano, 2008. "General equilibrium," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Brown, D. J. & Polyrakis, I. A. & Werner, J., 1998.
"Portfolio dominance and optimality in infinite security markets,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 347-366, October.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & D. J. Brown & I. A. Polyrakis & J. Werner, 1996. "Portfolio Dominance and Optimality in Infinite Security Markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 383, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998.
"A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
- Rabee Tourky, 1997. "A New Approach to the Lmit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices," Working Papers 1997.03, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Florenzano Monique, 1988. "Edgeworth equilibria, fuzzy core and equilibria of a production economy without ordered preferences," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8822, CEPREMAP.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "A Theory of Value with Non-linear Prices: Equilibrium Analysis beyond Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 22-72, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:40:y:2004:i:6:p:683-699. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.