Equilibrium analysis in financial markets with countably many securities
An F-cone is a pointed and generating convex cone of a real vector space that is the union of a countable family of finite dimensional polyedral convex cones such that each of which is an extremel subset of the subsequent one. In this paper, we study securities markets with countably many securities and arbitrary finite portfolio holdings. Moreover, we assume that each investor is constrained to have a non-negative end-of-period wealth. If, under the portfolio dominance order, the positive cone of the portfolio space is an F-cone, then Edgeworth allocations and non-trivial quasi-equilibria exist. This result extend the case where, as in Aliprantis et al.[JME 30 (1998a) 347-366], the positive cone is a Yudin cone.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2004|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, 2004, 40 (6), pp.683-699. 〈10.1016/j.jmateco.2003.06.003〉|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00086810|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald J. Brown & Jan Werner, 1995.
"Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Infinite Asset Markets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 101-114.
- Brown,Donald & Werner,Jan, 1991. "Arbitrage and existence of equilibrium in infinite asset markets," Discussion Paper Serie A 344, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Brown, D.J. & Werner, J., 1992. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Finite Asset Markets," Papers 43, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Brown, Donald & Werner, Jan, 1993. "Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium in Infinite Asset Markets," Working Papers 825, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Monteiro, Paulo K. & Tourky, Rabee, 2004. "Non-marketed options, non-existence of equilibria, and non-linear prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 345-357, February.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D & Brown, Donald J & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1109-1137, September.
- Monique Florenzano, 2007.
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Monique Florenzano, 2008. "General equilibrium," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Brown, D. J. & Polyrakis, I. A. & Werner, J., 1998.
"Portfolio dominance and optimality in infinite security markets,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 347-366, October.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & D. J. Brown & I. A. Polyrakis & J. Werner, 1996. "Portfolio Dominance and Optimality in Infinite Security Markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 383, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998. "A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
- Rabee Tourky, 1997. "A New Approach to the Lmit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices," Working Papers 1997.03, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "A Theory of Value with Non-linear Prices: Equilibrium Analysis beyond Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 22-72, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)