Perfect Competition or the Core
The general concepts final settlement and competition defined by F. Edgeworth (1881) are redefined in a modern setting. The special application--exchange equilibrium--is compared to the later concept of the core. The history of exchange equilibrium is surveyed.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1993|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in: European Economic Review, 1995, 39(9) pp 1733-45|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sutton, John, 1993. "Echoes of Edgeworth: The problem of indeterminacy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 491-499, April.
- Jevons, William Stanley, 1871. "The Theory of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number jevons1871.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891.
"Marshall's Principles of Economics,"
History of Economic Thought Articles,
McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Edgeworth, Francis Ysidro, 1881. "Mathematical Psychics," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number edgeworth1881.
- Vind, Karl, 1983. "Equilibrium with coordination," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 275-285, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1982. "Perfect Competition and the Core," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1993. "Francis Ysidro Edgeworth: Perfect competition and the core," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 477-490, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:9312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.