Thirlwall’s Law and Uneven Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. S. L. McCombie, 1993. "Economic Growth, Trade Interlinkages, and the Balance-of-Payments Constraint," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 471-505, July.
- Krugman, Paul, 1989.
"Differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1031-1046, May.
- Paul Krugman, 1988. "Differences In Income Elasticities and Trends in Real Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 2761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles I. Jones, 1997. "On the Evolution of the World Income Distribution," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 19-36, Summer.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Robert E. Lucas, 2000. "Some Macroeconomics for the 21st Century," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 159-168, Winter.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Peter Wickham, 1994.
"Commodity Prices: Cyclical Weakness or Secular Decline?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(2), pages 175-213, June.
- Peter Wickham & Carmen Reinhart, 1994. "Commodity Prices; Cyclical Weakness or Secular Decline?," IMF Working Papers 94/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Wickham, Peter, 1994. "Commodity Prices: Cyclical Weakness or Secular Decline?," MPRA Paper 8173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Wickham, Peter, 1994. "Non-oil commodity prices: Cyclical weakness or secular decline?," MPRA Paper 13871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Molana, Hassan H & Vines, David A, 1989. "North-South Growth and the Terms of Trade: A Model on Kaldorian Line s," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 443-453, June.
- Thirlwall, Anthony P & Hussain, Mohammed Nureldin, 1982. "The Balance of Payments Constraint, Capital Flows and Growth Rate Differences between Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 498-510, November.
- Findlay, Ronald, 1980. "The Terms of Trade and Equilibrium Growth in the World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 291-299, June.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- J. S. L. McCombie & A. P. Thirlwall, 1997. "The Dynamic Harrod Foreign Trade Multiplier and the Demand-orientated Approach to Economic Growth: an Evaluation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 5-26.
- Houthakker, Hendrik S & Magee, Stephen P, 1969. "Income and Price Elasticities in World Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 111-125, May.
- Taylor, Lance, 1981. "South-north trade and southern growth : Bleak prospects from the structuralist point of view," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 589-602, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilge Erten, 2010. "Industrial Upgrading and Export Diversification: A Comparative Analysis of Economic Policies in Turkey and Malaysia," Working Papers id:2778, eSocialSciences.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview," Studies in Economics 1111, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Maria Carolina Basso, 2016. "A Economia Brasileira Sob Restrição Do Balanço De Pagamentos: Uma Análise Empírica Da Lei De Thirlwall No Boom Das Commodities," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 089, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Mario Cimoli & Gabriel Porcile, 2014.
"Technology, structural change and BOP-constrained growth: a structuralist toolbox,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 215-237.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel, 2011. "Technology, structural change and BOP constrained growth: A structuralist toolbox," MPRA Paper 33800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mario Cimoli & Gabriel Porcile, 2011. "Technology, structural change and BOP constrained growth: a structuralist toolbox," Working Papers 0120, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- Armon Rezai, 2015. "Demand and distribution in integrated economies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(5), pages 1399-1414.
- Rezai, Armon, 2016. "Demand and Distribution in Integrated Economies," Ecological Economic Papers 4814, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Sasaki, Hiroaki, 2018. "North-South Trade and Uneven Development in a Classical Conventional Wage Share Growth Model," MPRA Paper 88631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nishi, Hiroshi, 2016. "A multi-sectoral balance-of-payments-constrained growth model with sectoral heterogeneity," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 31-45.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2013. "Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15208.
- Arslan Razmi, 2015. "The Limits to Wage-Led Growth in A Low-Income Economy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(4), pages 740-770, November.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2009. "Long-Run Growth in Open Economies: Export-Led Cumulative Causation or a Balance-of-Payments Constraint?," Working Papers 2009-23, American University, Department of Economics.
- Félix Jiménez, 2018. " Capacidad productiva, cambio técnico y productividad: Estimaciones alternativas del producto de largo plazo," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2018-454, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:postke:v:24:y:2002:i:3:p:367-390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MPKE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.