How Fiscal Policy Affects Non-Oil Economic Performance in Azerbaijan?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samad Bashirli & Ilkin Sabiroglu, 2013. "Testing Wagner’s Law in an Oil-Exporting Economy: the Case of Azerbaijan," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 20(3), pages 295-307, November.
- Folster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 2001.
"Growth effects of government expenditure and taxation in rich countries,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1501-1520, August.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 1998. "Growth Effects of Government Expenditure and Taxation in Rich Countries," Working Paper Series 503, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 20 Jun 2000.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 2000. "Growth Effects of Government Expenditure and Taxation in Rich Countries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 391, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Qing Wang & Ugo Fasano-Filho, 2001. "Fiscal Expenditure Policy and Non-Oil Economic Growth; Evidence from GCC Countries," IMF Working Papers 01/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Khatai ALIYEV & Elchin SULEYMANOV, 2015.
"Macroeconomic Analysis and Graphical Interpretation of Azerbaijan Economy in 1991-2012,"
Expert Journal of Economics, Sprint Investify, vol. 3(1), pages 40-49.
- Suleymanov, Elchin & Aliyev, Khatai, 2015. "Macroeconomıc Analysıs And Graphıcal Interpretatıon Of Azerbaıjan Economy In 1991-2012," MPRA Paper 65307, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2015.
- Suleymanov, Elchin & Aliyev, Khatai, 2015. "Macroeconomıc Analysıs And Graphıcal Interpretatıon Of Azerbaıjan Economy In 1991-2012," MPRA Paper 65306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2010.
"Income distribution determinants and public spending efficiency,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(3), pages 367-389, September.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2008. "Income Distribution Determinants and Public Spending Efficiency," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito, 2008. "Income distribution determinants and public spending efficiency," Working Paper Series 861, European Central Bank.
- Afonso, António & Jalles, João Tovar, 2013.
"Growth and productivity: The role of government debt,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 384-407.
- António Afonso & João Tovar Jalles, 2011. "Growth and Productivity: the role of Government Debt," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/13, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Hasanov, Fakhri & Mammadov, Fuad, 2010. "The Role of the Fiscal Policy in the Development of the Non-Resource," MPRA Paper 65571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Heng-fu, Zou, 1996.
"The composition of public expenditure and economic growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 313-344, April.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Vinaya Swaroop & Heng-fu Zou, 1996. "The composition of public expenditure and economic growth," CEMA Working Papers 77, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Basil Dalamagas, 2000. "Public sector and economic growth: the Greek experience," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 277-288.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Ram, Rati, 1986. "Government Size and Economic Growth: A New Framework and Some Evidencefrom Cross-Section and Time-Series Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 191-203, March.
- Michael Sturm & François Gurtner & Juan Gonzalez Alegre, 2009. "Fiscal policy challenges in oil-exporting countries – a review of key issues," Occasional Paper Series 104, European Central Bank.
- Hasanov Fakhri, 2011. "Dutch Disease and Azerbaijan Economy," EERC Working Paper Series 11/03e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Frimpong, Joseph Magnus & Oteng-Abayie, Eric Fosu, 2006. "Bounds testing approach: an examination of foreign direct investment, trade, and growth relationships," MPRA Paper 352, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Oct 2006.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Impact of Government Expenditure on Growth; The Case of Azerbaijan," IMF Working Papers 08/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Henrekson, Magnus, 1993. "Wagner's Law--A Spurious Relationship?," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(3), pages 406-415.
- Clement A.U. Ighodaro & Dickson E. Oriakhi, 2010. "Does The Relationship Between Government Expenditure And Economic Growth Follow Wagner’s Law In Nigeria?," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 10(2), pages 185-198.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2005. "The saving and investment nexus for China: evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1979-1990.
- Krugman, Paul, 1987. "The narrow moving band, the Dutch disease, and the competitive consequences of Mrs. Thatcher : Notes on trade in the presence of dynamic scale economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 41-55, October.
- Sturm, Michael & Gurtner, François & González Alegre, Juan, 2009. "Fiscal policy challenges in oil-exporting countries: a review of key issues," Occasional Paper Series 104, European Central Bank.
- Sakineh Sojoodi & Fakhri Mohseni Zonuzi & Nasim Mehin Aslani Nia, 2012. "The Role of Infrastructure in Promoting Economic Growth in Iran," Iranian Economic Review (IER), Faculty of Economics,University of Tehran.Tehran,Iran, vol. 17(2), pages 111-132, spring.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2004. "Natural Resources and Economic Growth: From Dependence to Diversification," CEPR Discussion Papers 4804, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 601-618, Nov.-Dec..
- James G. MacKinnon, 1995. "Numerical Distribution Functions For Unit Root And Cointegration Tests," Working Paper 918, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Jean Baldwin Grossman, 1983. "The Impact of the Minimum Wage on Other Wages," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 359-378.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Gerald Scully, 1989. "The size of the state, economic growth and the efficient utilization of national resources," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 149-164, November.
- Landau, Daniel, 1986. "Government and Economic Growth in the Less Developed Countries: An Empirical Study for 1960-1980," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 35-75, October.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khatai Aliyev & Altay Ismayilov & Ilkin Gasimov, 2019. "Modelling Elasticity of Non‑Oil Tax Revenues to Oil Price Changes: is There U‑Shaped Association? Evidence from Azerbaijan," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 67(3), pages 799-810.
- Niftiyev, Ibrahim, 2018. "De-Industrialization Patterns of Azerbaijan: Potential Outcomes of Dutch Disease Syndrome," EconStor Preprints 227733, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Jeyhun A. Abbasov & Khatai Aliyev, 2018. "Testing Wagner’s Law and Keynesian Hypothesis in Selected Post‑Soviet Countries," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 66(5), pages 1227-1237.
- Fakhri J. Hasanov & Jeyhun I. Mikayilov & Sabuhi Yusifov & Khatai Aliyev & Samra Talishinskaya, 2019. "The role of social and physical infrastructure spending in tradable and non-tradable growth," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 13(1), March.
- Richardson Kojo Edeme & Clifford Nworah Obiayo, 2017. "Analysis of the Responsiveness of Non-Oil Exports to Fiscal and Monetary Policy Actions," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 3(3), pages 92-101, September.
- Khatai Aliyev & Ilkin Gasimov, 2018. "Fiscal policy implementation in Azerbaijan before, during and after the oil boom," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 12(1), March.
- Fakhri Hasanov & Fuad Mammadov & Nayef Al-Musehel, 2018. "The Effects of Fiscal Policy on Non-Oil Economic Growth," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-1, April.
- Sugra Ingilab Humbatova & Sugra Ingilab Humbatova & Natig Gadim-Oglu Hajiyev, 2019. "The role of spending on education and science in sustainable development," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 7(2), pages 1704-1727, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal policy; non-oil GDP; budget expenditures; tax revenues; Azerbaijan;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:khe:scajes:v:2:y:2016:i:3:p:11-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ffucdro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.