Trip generation of vulnerable populations in three Canadian cities: a spatial ordered probit approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Darren M. Scott & Kenneth Bruce Newbold & Jamie E.L. Spinney & Ruben Mercado & Antonio Páez & Pavlos S. Kanaroglou, 2009. "New Insights into Senior Travel Behavior: The Canadian Experience," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 140-168.
- Scott, Darren M. & Kanaroglou, Pavlos S., 2002. "An activity-episode generation model that captures interactions between household heads: development and empirical analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 875-896, December.
- Geoffrey C. Smith, 2001. "Determinants of the Travel Behavior of the Suburban Elderly," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 395-412.
- Antonio Paez & Darren Scott & Dimitris Potoglou & Pavlos Kanaroglou & K. Bruce Newbold, 2007. "Elderly Mobility: Demographic and Spatial Analysis of Trip Making in the Hamilton CMA, Canada," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(1), pages 123-146, January.
- Marlon G. Boarnet & Sharon Sarmiento, 1998.
"Can Land-use Policy Really Affect Travel Behaviour? A Study of the Link between Non-work Travel and Land-use Characteristics,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(7), pages 1155-1169, June.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Sarmiento, Sharon, 1996. "Can Land Use Policy Really Affect Travel Behavior? A Study of the Link Between Non-Work Travel and Land Use Characteristics," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt95h07239, University of California Transportation Center.
- Lyons, Glenn, 2003. "The introduction of social exclusion into the field of travel behaviour," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 339-342, October.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, April.
- Antonio Páez, 2007. "Spatial perspectives on urban systems: developments and directions," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-6, April.
- David Wheeler & Michael Tiefelsdorf, 2005. "Multicollinearity and correlation among local regression coefficients in geographically weighted regression," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 161-187, June.
- Scott, Darren M. & Horner, Mark W., 2008. "Examining The Role of Urban Form In Shaping People’s Accessibility to Opportunities: An Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(2), pages 89-119.
- Church, A. & Frost, M. & Sullivan, K., 2000. "Transport and social exclusion in London," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 195-205, July.
- Narisra Limtanakool & Martin Dijst & Tim Schwanen, 2006. "On The Participation In Medium- And Long-Distance Travel: A Decomposition Analysis For The Uk And The Netherlands," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 97(4), pages 389-404, September.
- Bhat, Chandra & Zhao, Huimin, 2002. "The spatial analysis of activity stop generation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 557-575, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hubers, Christa & Lyons, Glenn, 2013. "New technologies for the old: Potential implications of living in later life for travel demand," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 220-228.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:109-117 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:trapol:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:102-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:181-192 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Greene, 2014. "Models for ordered choices," Chapters,in: Handbook of Choice Modelling, chapter 15, pages 333-362 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antonio Páez & Steven Farber, 2012. "Participation and desire: leisure activities among Canadian adults with disabilities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1055-1078, November.
- Khandker Habib, 2015. "An investigation on mode choice and travel distance demand of older people in the National Capital Region (NCR) of Canada: application of a utility theoretic joint econometric model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 143-161, January.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:57:y:2017:i:c:p:41-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucas, Karen & Bates, John & Moore, José & Carrasco, Juan Antonio, 2016. "Modelling the relationship between travel behaviours and social disadvantage," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 157-173.
- Páez, Antonio & López, Fernando A. & Ruiz, Manuel & Morency, Catherine, 2013. "Development of an indicator to assess the spatial fit of discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 217-233.
- Mirkan Geyik & Patrick Bonnel, 2016. "Évolution de l’usage des modes de transport - Analyse des facteurs explicatifs : application à l’agglomération lyonnaise," Working Papers halshs-01685748, HAL.
- Páez, Antonio & Moniruzzaman, Md. & Bourbonnais, Pierre-Leo & Morency, Catherine, 2013. "Developing a web-based accessibility calculator prototype for the Greater Montreal Area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 103-115.
- Steven Farber & Antonio Páez, 2010. "Employment status and commute distance of Canadians with disabilities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 931-952, November.
- Nazneen Ferdous & Chandra Bhat, 2013. "A spatial panel ordered-response model with application to the analysis of urban land-use development intensity patterns," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-29, January.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial exclusion; Ordered probit; Trip generation; Elderly; Low-income; Single parent;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:37:y:2010:i:3:p:525-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.