Examining The Role of Urban Form In Shaping People’s Accessibility to Opportunities: An Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schönfelder, Stefan & Axhausen, Kay W., 2003. "Activity spaces: measures of social exclusion?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 273-286, October.
- Neil Wrigley, 2002. "'Food Deserts' in British Cities: Policy Context and Research Priorities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(11), pages 2029-2040, October.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring accessibility: an exploration of issues and alternatives," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
- Wachs, Martin & Kumagai, T. Gordon, 1973. "Physical accessibility as a social indicator," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 437-456, October.
- Q Shen, 1998. "Location characteristics of inner-city neighborhoods and employment accessibility of low-wage workers," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(3), pages 345-365, May.
- B J Linneker & N A Spence, 1992. "Accessibility measures compared in an analysis of the impact of the M25 London Orbital Motorway on Britain," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(8), pages 1137-1154, August.
- Changshan Wu & Alan T Murray, 2005. "Optimizing public transit quality and system access: the multiple-route, maximal covering/shortest-path problem," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(2), pages 163-178, March.
- Dawkins, Casey J. & Shen, Qing & Sanchez, Thomas W., 2005. "Race, space, and unemployment duration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 91-113, July.
- Talia McCray & Nicole Brais, 2007. "Exploring the Role of Transportation in Fostering Social Exclusion: The Use of GIS to Support Qualitative Data," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 397-412, December.
- David Levinson, 1998. "Accessibility and the Journey to Work," Working Papers 199802, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Q Shen, 1998. "Location Characteristics of Inner-City Neighborhoods and Employment Accessibility of Low-Wage Workers," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 25(3), pages 345-365, June.
- Yukio Sadahiro, 2005. "Spatiotemporal analysis of the distribution of urban facilities in terms of accessibility," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 61-84, March.
- Juan Carlos MartIn & Javier Gutierrez & Concepcion Roman, 2004. "Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Index to Measure the Accessibility Impacts of New Infrastructure Investments: The Case of the High- speed Train Corridor Madrid-Barcelona-French Border," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 697-712.
- Yu-Hsin Tsai, 2005. "Quantifying Urban Form: Compactness versus 'Sprawl'," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(1), pages 141-161, January.
- Church, A. & Frost, M. & Sullivan, K., 2000. "Transport and social exclusion in London," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 195-205, July.
- Alan Murie & Sako Musterd, 2004. "Social Exclusion and Opportunity Structures in European Cities and Neighbourhoods," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(8), pages 1441-1459, July.
- Mark W. Horner & Alan T. Murray, 2002. "Excess Commuting and the Modifiable Areal Unit Problem," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(1), pages 131-139, January.
- Wu, Belinda M. & Hine, Julian P., 2003. "A PTAL approach to measuring changes in bus service accessibility," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 307-320, October.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring Accessibility: An Exploration of Issues and Alternatives," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthew Roorda & Antonio Páez & Catherine Morency & Ruben Mercado & Steven Farber, 2010. "Trip generation of vulnerable populations in three Canadian cities: a spatial ordered probit approach," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 525-548, May.
- Niedzielski, Michael A. & Horner, Mark W. & Xiao, Ningchuan, 2013. "Analyzing scale independence in jobs-housing and commute efficiency metrics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 129-143.
- Tijs Neutens, 2012. "Accessibility to public service delivery: a combination of diff erent indicators," Chapters,in: Accessibility Analysis and Transport Planning, chapter 7, pages 118-132 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Karst T. Geurs & Kevin J. Krizek & Aura Reggiani, 2012. "Accessibility analysis and transport planning: an introduction," Chapters,in: Accessibility Analysis and Transport Planning, chapter 1, pages 1-12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Horner, Mark & Downs, Joni, 2014. "Integrating people and place: A density-based measure for assessing accessibility to opportunities," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 7(2), pages 1-18.
- Shay, Elizabeth & Combs, Tabitha S. & Findley, Daniel & Kolosna, Carl & Madeley, Michelle & Salvesen, David, 2016. "Identifying transportation disadvantage: Mixed-methods analysis combining GIS mapping with qualitative data," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 129-138.
- Páez, Antonio & Moniruzzaman, Md. & Bourbonnais, Pierre-Leo & Morency, Catherine, 2013. "Developing a web-based accessibility calculator prototype for the Greater Montreal Area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 103-115.
- Kang, Hejun & Scott, Darren M., 2010. "Exploring day-to-day variability in time use for household members," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 609-619, October.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:137:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1616-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAccessibility; Urban Structure; Activities; Exclusion;
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:jtralu:0011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arlene Mathison) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ctumnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.