Using census aggregates to proxy for household characteristics: an application to vehicle ownership
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1992:82:5:703-710_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stopher, Peter R. & Greaves, Stephen P., 2007. "Household travel surveys: Where are we going?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 367-381, June.
- Gowrisankaran, Gautam & Town, Robert J., 1999. "Estimating the quality of care in hospitals using instrumental variables," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 747-767, December.
- Wickens, Michael R, 1972. "A Note on the Use of Proxy Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(4), pages 759-761, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:4:632-636_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Pulugurta, Vamsi, 1998. "A comparison of two alternative behavioral choice mechanisms for household auto ownership decisions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Kenneth E. Train & Clifford Winston, 2007. "Vehicle Choice Behavior And The Declining Market Share Of U.S. Automakers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1469-1496, November.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, J.F. Jennifer & Kwok, Peter K. & Williams, Jeffrey, 2014. "Heterogeneity among motorists in traffic-congested areas in southern California," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 281-293.
- Adjemian, Michael K. & Cynthia Lin, C.-Y. & Williams, Jeffrey, 2010.
"Estimating spatial interdependence in automobile type choice with survey data,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, pages 661-675.
- Adjemian, Michael & Lin, C.Y. Cynthia & Williams, Jeffrey, 2009. "Estimating Spatial Interdependence in Automobile Type Choice With Survey Data," Working Papers 225897, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsVehicle choice modeling; Ownership choice; Proxy; Census; Survey; Discrete choice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:36:y:2009:i:2:p:223-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.