Population monotonic path schemes for simple games
A path scheme for a simple game is composed of a path, i.e., a sequence of coalitions that is formed during the coalition formation process and a scheme, i.e., a payoff vector for each coalition in the path.A path scheme is called population monotonic if a player's payoff does not decrease as the path coalition grows.In this study, we focus on Shapley path schemes of simple games in which for every path coalition the Shapley value of the associated subgame provides the allocation at hand.We show that a simple game allows for population monotonic Shapley path schemes if and only if the game is balanced.Moreover, the Shapley path scheme of a specific path is population monotonic if and only if the first winning coalition that is formed along the path contains every minimal winning coalition.Extensions of these results to other probabilistic values are discussed.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norde, Henk & Reijnierse, Hans, 2002.
"A dual description of the class of games with a population monotonic allocation scheme,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 322-343, November.
- Norde, H.W. & Reijnierse, J.H., 2000. "A Dual Description of the Class of Games with a Population Monotonic Allocation Scheme," Discussion Paper 2000-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Slikker, M. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2000.
"Information Sharing Games,"
2000-100, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:2006114 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dgr:kubcen:2005121 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-117078 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cruijssen, F.C.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Fleuren, H.A. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2005. "Insinking : A Methodology to Exploit Synergy in Transportation," Discussion Paper 2005-121, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ciftci, B.B. & Dimitrov, D.A., 2006.
"Stable Coalition Structures in Simple Games with Veto Control,"
2006-114, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Baris Ciftci & Dinko Dimitrov, 2006. "Stable coalition structures in simple games with veto control," Working Papers 384, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:69:y:2010:i:2:p:205-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.