Population monotonic path schemes for simple games
A path scheme for a simple game is composed of a path, i.e., a sequence of coalitions that is formed during the coalition formation process and a scheme, i.e., a payoff vector for each coalition in the path.A path scheme is called population monotonic if a player's payoff does not decrease as the path coalition grows.In this study, we focus on Shapley path schemes of simple games in which for every path coalition the Shapley value of the associated subgame provides the allocation at hand.We show that a simple game allows for population monotonic Shapley path schemes if and only if the game is balanced.Moreover, the Shapley path scheme of a specific path is population monotonic if and only if the first winning coalition that is formed along the path contains every minimal winning coalition.Extensions of these results to other probabilistic values are discussed.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cruijssen, F.C.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Fleuren, H.A. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2005. "Insinking : A Methodology to Exploit Synergy in Transportation," Discussion Paper 2005-121, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ciftci, B.B. & Dimitrov, D.A., 2006.
"Stable Coalition Structures in Simple Games with Veto Control,"
2006-114, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ã‡iftÃ§i , Baris & Dimitrov, Dinko, 2011. "Stable coalition structures in simple games with veto control," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 384, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Norde, Henk & Reijnierse, Hans, 2002.
"A dual description of the class of games with a population monotonic allocation scheme,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 322-343, November.
- Norde, H.W. & Reijnierse, J.H., 2000. "A Dual Description of the Class of Games with a Population Monotonic Allocation Scheme," Discussion Paper 2000-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- Slikker, M. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2000.
"Information Sharing Games,"
2000-100, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:69:y:2010:i:2:p:205-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.