The Impact of Perceived Expectations and Uncertainty on Firm Investment
This paper analyses the (differential) impact of perceived expectations and uncertainty on investment spending in small and large firms. We analyse two types of investment, viz. aggregate investment and investment in energy-saving technologies, using Dutch firm level data. The results show that expectations and uncertainty about input- and output prices and domestic demand have substantial but different effects on investment spending in firms of different sizes. Furthermore, we find evidence, at least for small firms, that there are important differences between the effects of uncertainty about input and output variables. Copyright Springer 2006
Volume (Year): 26 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (05)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/new+%26+forthcoming+titles+%28default%29/journal/11187/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van Gelderen, Marco & Frese, Michael & Thurik, Roy, 2000.
"Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 165-181.
- Marco von Gelderen & Michael Frese & Roy Thurik, 2000. "Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 165-181, November.
- Marco van Gelderen & Roy Thurik & Micheal Frese, 2000. "Strategies, uncertainty and performance of small business startups," Scales Research Reports H200001, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- van Gelderen, A.M. & Frese, M. & Thurik, A.R., 2000. "Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-18-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- van Gelderen, M. & Frese, M. & Thurik, R., 2000. "Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups," Papers 0001/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.