Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups
Personal strategies of owners/founders of small business startups are related to performance and to environmental uncertainty. This is done using a longitudinal data set of some 50 Dutch startups. The results suggest a dynamic process between strategy and performance. A discrimination is made between four strategies (reactive, critical point, complete planning and opportunistic). The role of uncertainty is discussed. The dynamic process is embedded in the PERSUADE model.
|Date of creation:||29 May 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: RSM Erasmus University & Erasmus School of Economics, PoBox 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam|
Phone: 31-10-408 1182
Fax: 31-10-408 9020
Web page: http://www.erim.eur.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lever, M.H.C. & Nieuwenhuijsen, H.R. & van Stel, A.J., 1998. "The Degree of Collusion in Construction," Papers 9810/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- David B. Audretsch & A. Roy Thurik, 2000. "Capitalism and democracy in the 21st Century: from the managed to the entrepreneurial economy," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 17-34.
- Audretsch, D.B. & Thurik, A.R., 1998. "The Knowledge Society, Entrepreneurship and Unemployment," Papers 9801/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Roy Thurik & Wim Verhoeven & Sander Wennekers, 1999.
"Self-employment in 23 OECD countries,"
Scales Research Reports
H199811, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. "Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- Audretsch, D.B. & Houweling, P. & Thurik, A.R., 1998. "Firm Failure and Industrial Dynamics in the Netherlands," Papers 9802/a, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Audretsch, D-B & Menkveld, A-J & Thurik, A-R, 1996. "The Decision Between Internal and External R&D," Papers 9603/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Audretsch, David B & Thurik, A R Roy, 1997. "Sources of Growth: the Entrepreneurial versus the Managed Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1710, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureri:26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.