Recent changes in the prime rate behavior
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nabar, Prafulla G & Park, Sang Yong & Saunders, Anthony, 1993. "Prime Rate Changes: Is There an Advantage in Being First?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 69-92, January.
- Goldberg, Michael A., 1982. "The pricing of the prime rate," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 277-296, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1990.
"Some evidence on the empirical significance of credit rationing,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
105, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1992. "Some Evidence on the Empirical Significance of Credit Rationing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 1047-77, October.
- Forbes, Shawn M. & Mayne, Lucille S., 1989. "A friction model of the prime," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 127-135, March.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-45, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Loretta J. Mester & Anthony Saunders, 1990.
"When does the prime rate change?,"
90-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- R. W. Hafer, 1983. "The prime rate and the cost of funds: is the prime too high?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 17-21.
- Fried, Joel & Howitt, Peter, 1980. "Credit Rationing and Implicit Contract Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 471-87, August.
- Michael J. Dueker, 2000. "Are prime rate changes asymmetric?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 33-40.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:33:y:2009:i:2:p:177-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.