Interest rate risk of German financial institutions: the impact of level, slope, and curvature of the term structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Oertmann* & Christel Rendu & Heinz Zimmermann, 2000. "Interest Rate Risk of European Financial Corporations," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 6(4), pages 459-478.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Schmidt, Reinhard H. & Hackethal, Andreas & Tyrell, Marcel, 1999. "Disintermediation and the Role of Banks in Europe: An International Comparison," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(1-2), pages 36-67, January.
- French, Kenneth R & Ruback, Richard S & Schwert, G William, 1983. "Effects of Nominal Contracting on Stock Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 70-96, February.
- Allen, Franklin & Santomero, Anthony M., 2001. "What do financial intermediaries do?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 271-294, February.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Li, Canlin, 2006.
"Forecasting the term structure of government bond yields,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 337-364, February.
- Francis X. Diebold & Canlin Li, 2002. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-34, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Francis X. Diebold & Canlin Li, 2003. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields," NBER Working Papers 10048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Li, Canlin, 2003. "Forecasting the term structure of government bond yields," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Bhattacharya Sudipto & Thakor Anjan V., 1993. "Contemporary Banking Theory," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 2-50, October.
- Ferson, Wayne E. & Harvey, Campbell R., 1994.
"Sources of risk and expected returns in global equity markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 775-803, September.
- Wayne E. Ferson & Campbell R. Harvey, 1994. "Sources of Risk and Expected Returns in Global Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 4622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Madura, Jeff & Zarruk, Emilio R, 1995. "Bank Exposure to Interest Rate Risk: A Global Perspective," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(1), pages 1-13, Spring.
- Elijah Brewer & James M. Carson & Elyas Elyasiani & Iqbal Mansur & William L. Scott, 2007. "Interest Rate Risk and Equity Values of Life Insurance Companies: A GARCH-M Model," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(2), pages 401-423.
- Donald R. Fraser, 2002. "Sources of Bank Interest Rate Risk," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 351-367, August.
- Sweeney, Richard J & Warga, Arthur D, 1986. " The Pricing of Interest-Rate Risk: Evidence from the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 393-410, June.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Papadamou, Stephanos & Siriopoulos, Costas, 2014. "Interest rate risk and the creation of the Monetary Policy Committee: Evidence from banks’ and life insurance companies’ stocks in the UK," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 45-67.
- Román Ferrer & Cristóbal González & Gloria M. Soto, 2010. "Linear and nonlinear interest rate exposure in Spain," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(5), pages 431-451, April.
- repec:eaa:aeinde:v:17:y:2017:i:2_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferrer, Román & Bolós, Vicente J. & Benítez, Rafael, 2016. "Interest rate changes and stock returns: A European multi-country study with wavelets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-12.
- Ludwig Hausse & Martin Rohleder & Marco Wilkens, 2016. "Systemic interest rate and market risk at US banks," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 86(8), pages 933-961, November.
- Shamsuddin, Abul, 2014. "Are Dow Jones Islamic equity indices exposed to interest rate risk?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 273-281.
- Julián Andrada-Félix & Adrian Fernandez-Perez & Fernando Fernández-Rodríguez, 2015. "Fixed income strategies based on the prediction of parameters in the NS model for the Spanish public debt market," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 207-245, June.
- Alexey Akimov & Simon Stevenson & Maxim Zagonov, 2015. "Public Real Estate and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A Cross-Country Study," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 503-540, November.
More about this item
KeywordsGerman financial institutions; Interest rate sensitivity; Term structure; Nelson–Siegel approach; G12; G21; G22;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:33:y:2009:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .