Geographical Agglomeration as an Alternative to Vertical Integration
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1999.
"Localization Of Industry And Vertical Disintegration,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 314-325, May.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1995. "Localization of industry and vertical disintegration," Staff Report 190, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Figueiredo, Octávio & Guimarães, Paulo & Woodward, Douglas, 2010.
"Vertical disintegration in Marshallian industrial districts,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 73-78, January.
- Octávio Figueiredo & Paulo Guimarães & Douglas Woodward, 2008. "Vertical Disintegration in Marshallian Industrial Districts," FEP Working Papers 280, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Michael J. Enright, 1995. "Organization and Coordination in Geographically Concentrated Industries," NBER Chapters, in: Coordination and Information: Historical Perspectives on the Organization of Enterprise, pages 103-146 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robertson, Paul L. & Langlois, Richard N., 1995.
"Innovation, networks, and vertical integration,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 543-562, July.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Dahl, Michael S. & Pedersen, Christian O.R., 2004. "Knowledge flows through informal contacts in industrial clusters: myth or reality?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1673-1686, December.
- Ono, Yukako, 2003.
"Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 377-395, May.
- Yukako Ono, 2002. "Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices," Working Paper Series WP-02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Li, Ben & Lu, Yi, 2009. "Geographic concentration and vertical disintegration: Evidence from China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 294-304, May.
- Holl, Adelheid, 2008.
"Production subcontracting and location,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 299-309, May.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2009.
"Do agglomeration and technology affect vertical integration? Evidence from Italian business groups,"
0903, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2009. "Do Agglomeration and Technology Affect Vertical Integration? Evidence from Italian Business Groups," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 305-322.
- Jonathan Brookfield, 2008. "Firm Clustering and Specialization: A Study of Taiwan’s Machine Tool Industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 405-422, April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-61, Spring.
- Maskell, Peter, 2001. "Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of the Geographical Cluster," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 921-43, December.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-40, June.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "The Firm as an Incentive System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 972-91, September.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Goldstein, G. S. & Gronberg, T. J., 1984. "Economies of scope and economies of agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 91-104, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:36:y:2010:i:4:p:373-389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.