Geographical Agglomeration as an Alternative to Vertical Integration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holl, Adelheid, 2008. "Production subcontracting and location," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 299-309, May.
- Li, Ben & Lu, Yi, 2009. "Geographic concentration and vertical disintegration: Evidence from China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 294-304, May.
- Dahl, Michael S. & Pedersen, Christian O.R., 2004. "Knowledge flows through informal contacts in industrial clusters: myth or reality?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1673-1686, December.
- Figueiredo, Octávio & Guimarães, Paulo & Woodward, Douglas, 2010.
"Vertical disintegration in Marshallian industrial districts,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 73-78, January.
- Octávio Figueiredo & Paulo Guimarães & Douglas Woodward, 2008. "Vertical Disintegration in Marshallian Industrial Districts," FEP Working Papers 280, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2009.
"Do Agglomeration and Technology Affect Vertical Integration? Evidence from Italian Business Groups,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 305-322.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2009. "Do agglomeration and technology affect vertical integration? Evidence from Italian business groups," Working Papers 0903, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Goldstein, G. S. & Gronberg, T. J., 1984. "Economies of scope and economies of agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 91-104, July.
- Ono, Yukako, 2003.
"Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 377-395, May.
- Yukako Ono, 2002. "Outsourcing business services and the role of central administrative offices," Working Paper Series WP-02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Michael J. Enright, 1995. "Organization and Coordination in Geographically Concentrated Industries," NBER Chapters,in: Coordination and Information: Historical Perspectives on the Organization of Enterprise, pages 103-146 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-161, Spring.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1999.
"Localization Of Industry And Vertical Disintegration,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 314-325, May.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1995. "Localization of industry and vertical disintegration," Staff Report 190, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Jonathan Brookfield, 2008. "Firm Clustering and Specialization: A Study of Taiwan’s Machine Tool Industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 405-422, April.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Maskell, Peter, 2001. "Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of the Geographical Cluster," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 921-943, December.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Robertson, Paul L. & Langlois, Richard N., 1995. "Innovation, networks, and vertical integration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 543-562, July.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "The Firm as an Incentive System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 972-991, September.
- Gavin A. Wood & John B. Parr, 2005. "Transaction Costs, Agglomeration Economies, and Industrial Location," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 1-15.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2012.
"Agglomeration, Related Variety, and Vertical Integration,"
Clark University, vol. 88(3), pages 255-277, July.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2010. "Agglomeration, related variety and vertical integration," Working Papers 1005, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci, 2011. "Agglomeration, related variety and vertical integration," Openloc Working Papers 1104, Public policies and local development.
More about this item
KeywordsAgglomeration; Meat industry; Resource-based view; Transaction-cost economics; Vertical integration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:36:y:2010:i:4:p:373-389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.