Vettes and lemons on eBay
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bond, Eric W, 1984. "Test of the Lemons Model: Reply [A Direct Test of the 'Lemons' Model: The Market for Used Pickup Trucks]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 801-804, September.
- Winand Emons & George Sheldon, 2002.
"The Market for Used Cars: A New Test of the Lemons Model,"
dp0202, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Emons, Winand & Sheldon, George, 2002. "The market for used cars : a new test of the lemons model," HWWA Discussion Papers 187, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Emons, Winand & Sheldon, George, 2002. "The Market for Used Cars: A New Test of the Lemons Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 3360, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Bajari & Ali Hortaçsu, 2004. "Economic Insights from Internet Auctions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 457-486, June.
- Gregory Lewis, 2011. "Asymmetric Information, Adverse Selection and Online Disclosure: The Case of eBay Motors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1535-1546, June.
- Philip A. Haile & Han Hong & Matthew Shum, 2003.
"Nonparametric Tests for Common Values at First-Price Sealed-Bid Auctions,"
NBER Working Papers
10105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip A. Haile & Han Hong & Matthew Shum, 2004. "Nonparametric Tests for Common Values in First-Price Sealed-Bid Auctions," Working Papers 2004.149, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Philip A. Haile & Han Hong & Matthew Shum, 2003. "Nonparametric Tests for Common Values in First-Price Sealed-Bid Auctions," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1445, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bond, Eric W, 1982. "A Direct Test of the "Lemons" Model: The Market for Used Pickup Trucks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 836-840, September.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Engers, Maxim & Hartmann, Monica & Stern, Steven, 2009. "Are lemons really hot potatoes?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 250-263, March.
- Genesove, David, 1993. "Adverse Selection in the Wholesale Used Car Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 644-665, August.
- Matt Shum & Phil Haile & Han Hong, 2003. "Nonparametric Tests for Common Values in First-Price Auctions," Economics Working Paper Archive 501, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olimov, Jafar M. & Roe, Brian E., 2017.
"Multidimensional quality sorting between online and offline auctions: The role of attribute transparency,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 145-169.
- Olimov, Jafar M. & Roe, Brian E., 2013. "Multi-dimensional Quality Sorting Between Online and Offline Auctions: The Role of Attribute Transparency," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150116, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:864-877 is not listed on IDEAS
- Newberry, Peter W., 2015. "The effect of competition on eBay," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 107-118.
- Jonathan R. Peterson & Henry S. Schneider, 2014. "Adverse selection in the used-car market: evidence from purchase and repair patterns in the Consumer Expenditure Survey," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(1), pages 140-154, March.
- Anthony Strittmatter & Michael Lechner, 2017.
"Sorting on the Used-Car Market After the Volkswagen Emission Scandal,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6480, CESifo Group Munich.
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Lechner, Michael, 2017. "Sorting on the Used-Car Market After the Volkswagen Emission Scandal," Economics Working Paper Series 1706, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
More about this item
KeywordsLemons; eBay; Auctions; Used cars; Corvettes; D44; D82;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:qmktec:v:9:y:2011:i:2:p:109-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .