Sparks and prairie fires: A theory of unanticipated political revolution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuran, Timur, 1988. "The tenacious past: Theories of personal and collective conservatism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 143-171, September.
- Walton, Thomas, 1980. "Economic Development and Revolutionary Upheavals in Iran," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 271-292, September.
- Kuran, Timur, 1987. "Preference Falsification, Policy Continuity and Collective Conservatism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(387), pages 642-665, September.
- Timur Kuran, 1987. "Chameleon voters and public choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 53-78, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2002.
"An Economic Approach to the Psychology of Change: Amnesia, Inertia, and Impulsiveness,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 379-421, September.
- David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2001. "An Economic Approach to the Psychology of Change: Amnesia, Inertia, and Impulsiveness," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1306, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2001. "An Economic Approach to the Psychology of Change: Amnesia, Inertia, and Impulsiveness," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm185, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2009.
- Klick, Jonathan & Parisi, Francesco, 2008. "Social networks, self-denial, and median preferences: Conformity as an evolutionary strategy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1319-1327, August.
- Shyam Gouri Suresh & Scott Jeffrey, 2017.
"The Consequences of Social Pressures on Partisan Opinion Dynamics,"
Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(2), pages 242-259, March.
- Shyam Gouri Suresh & Scott Jeffrey, 2014. "The Consequences of Social Pressures on Partisan Opinion Dynamics," Working Papers 14-01, Davidson College, Department of Economics.
- Willemien Kets & Alvaro Sandroni, 2021.
"A Theory of Strategic Uncertainty and Cultural Diversity,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(1), pages 287-333.
- Willemien Kets & Alvaro Sandroni, 2020. "A Theory of Strategic Uncertainty and Cultural Diversity," Economics Series Working Papers 920, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Francisco J. León-Medina & Jordi Tena-Sánchez & Francisco J. Miguel, 2020. "Fakers becoming believers: how opinion dynamics are shaped by preference falsification, impression management and coherence heuristics," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 385-412, April.
- Randall Morck & Lloyd Steier, 2005.
"The Global History of Corporate Governance: An Introduction,"
NBER Chapters, in: A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers, pages 1-64,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall K. Morck & Lloyd Steier, 2005. "The Global History of Corporate Governance: An Introduction," NBER Working Papers 11062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elert, Niklas & Henrekson, Magnus, 2017. "Entrepreneurship and Institutions: A Bidirectional Relationship," Working Paper Series 1153, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 05 May 2017.
- Brad Taylor, 2013. "Analytic radicalism," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 166-172, June.
- Sami Basly, 2005. "Internationalization of family firms in a knowledge-based view," Post-Print halshs-00168486, HAL.
- Bell, Ann Maria, 2002. "Locally interdependent preferences in a general equilibrium environment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 309-333, March.
- Hoff, Karla & Sen, Arijit, 2005. "The kin system as a poverty trap?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3575, The World Bank.
- Sethi, Rajiv, 1996. "Evolutionary stability and social norms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 113-140, January.
- Carolina Castaldi & Giovanni Dosi, 2003. "The Grip of History and the Scope for Novelty: Some Results and Open Questions on Path Dependence in Economic Processes," LEM Papers Series 2003/02, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Elert, Niklas & Henrekson, Magnus, 2021. "Innovative Entrepreneurship as a Collaborative Effort: An Institutional Framework," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 17(4), pages 330-435, June.
- Elert, Niklas & Henrekson, Magnus, 2021. "Improved Framework Conditions for a More Entrepreneurial, Innovative and Sustainable EU," Working Paper Series 1384, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Camilotti, Giula & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2017.
"Eradicating Women-Hurting Customs: What Role for Social Engineering?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Philippe Platteau & Guilia Camilotti & Emmanuelle Auriol, 2017. "Eradicating women-hurting customs: What role for social engineering?," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-145, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Eric Rasmusen, 1992. "Managerial Conservatismand Rational Information Acquisition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 175-201, March.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter, 2006. "Honestly, why are you driving a BMW?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 129-146, June.
- Kevin Vallier, 2019. "Containing Ideological Rent Seekers Expanding the Reach of Buchanan’s Constitutionalism," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 71-85, October.
- Florez Ramos, Esmeralda & Blind, Knut, 2020. "Data portability effects on data-driven innovation of online platforms: Analyzing Spotify," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(9).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:61:y:1989:i:1:p:41-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.