The political economy of the Essential Air Service program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua C. Hall & Amanda Ross & Christopher Yencha, 2015. "The Political Economy of the Essential Air Service Program," Working Papers 15-18, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Congleton, Roger D & Shughart, William F, II, 1990. "The Growth of Social Security: Electoral Push or Political Pull?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 109-132, January.
- Tony Grubesic & Ran Wei & Alan Murray & Fangwu Wei, 2016. "Essential Air Service in the United States," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 39(1), pages 108-130, January.
- Grubesic, Tony H. & Wei, Fangwu, 2012. "Evaluating the efficiency of the Essential Air Service program in the United States," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1562-1573.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell S. Sobel, 2003. "The Political Economy of FEMA Disaster Payments," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 496-509, July.
- Alvarez, R Michael & Saving, Jason L, 1997.
"Congressional Committees and the Political Economy of Federal Outlays,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 92(1-2), pages 55-73, July.
- Alvarez, Michael R. & Saving, Jason, 1995. "Congressional Committees and the Political Economy of Federal Outlays," Working Papers 898, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Fangwu Wei & Tony H. Grubesic, 2015. "A Typology of Rural Airports in the United States: Evaluating Network Accessibility," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 57-85, Spring.
- Gordon Tullock, 1975. "The Transitional Gains Trap," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 671-678, Autumn.
- Faith, Roger L & Leavens, Donald R & Tollison, Robert D, 1982. "Antitrust Pork Barrel," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 329-342, October.
- Sheard, Nicholas, 2014.
"Airports and urban sectoral employment,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 133-152.
- Sheard, Nicholas, 2012. "Airports and the Production of Goods and Services," Research Papers in Economics 2012:7, Stockholm University, Department of Economics, revised 17 Jan 2013.
- Nicholas Sheard, 2012. "The effect of air transport on the production of goods and services," ERSA conference papers ersa12p429, European Regional Science Association.
- Matt E. Ryan, 2014. "Allocating Infection: The Political Economy Of The Swine Flu (H1n1) Vaccine," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 138-154, January.
- Grubesic, Tony H. & Wei, Fangwu, 2013. "Essential Air Service: a local, geographic market perspective," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 17-25.
- Russell S. Sobel & Christopher Coyne & Peter Leeson, 2009. "The Political Economy of FEMA: Did Reorganization Matter?," Working Papers 09-10, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Marsh, Thomas L. & Marshall, Maria I., 2006.
"Political allocation of US agriculture disaster payments in the 1990s,"
International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 143-161, June.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Thomas L. Marsh & Maria I. Marshall, 2004. "Political allocation of U.S. agriculture disaster payments in the 1990s," Working Papers 2003-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Sheard, Nicholas, 2014. "Airports and urban sectoral employment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 133-152.
- Hunter, William J & Nelson, Michael A, 1995. "Tax Enforcement: A Public Choice Perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 82(1-2), pages 53-67, January.
- Grubesic, Tony H. & Matisziw, Timothy C., 2011. "A spatial analysis of air transport access and the essential air service program in the United States," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 93-105.
- Weingast, Barry R & Moran, Mark J, 1983. "Bureaucratic Discretion or Congressional Control? Regulatory Policymaking by the Federal Trade Commission," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 765-800, October.
- Krehbiel, Keith & Shepsle, Kenneth A. & Weingast, Barry R., 1987. "Why are Congressional Committees Powerful?," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(3), pages 929-945, September.
- Matisziw, Timothy C. & Lee, Chieh-Lung & Grubesic, Tony H., 2012. "An analysis of essential air service structure and performance," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-11.
- Altrogge, Phyllis & Shughart, William II, 1984. "The regressive nature of civil penalties," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 55-66, June.
- Scott A. Beaulier & Joshua C. Hall & Allen K. Lynch, 2011. "The impact of political factors on military base closures," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 333-342, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jessi Troyan & Joshua Hall, 2019. "The Political Economy of Abandoned Mine Land Fund Disbursements," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Joshua Hall & Shree Baba Pokharel, 2017.
"Does the Median Voter or Special Interests Determine State Highway Expenditures? Recent Evidence,"
Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 45(1), pages 59-69, March.
- Joshua Hall & Shree Baba Pokharel, 2016. "Does the Median Voter or Special Interests Determine State Highway Expenditures? Recent Evidence," Working Papers 16-09, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- John Considine & Justin Doran, 2016. "Evaluation of an informal rule for the allocation of sports capital funding," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 168(1), pages 43-54, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCongressional dominance; Deregulation; Airports; D73; L93;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:165:y:2015:i:1:p:147-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.