Congressional Committees and the Political Economy of Federal Outlays
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alvarez, R Michael & Saving, Jason L, 1997. "Congressional Committees and the Political Economy of Federal Outlays," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 92(1-2), pages 55-73, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles R. Plott & Vernon L. Smith, 1978.
"An Experimental Examination of Two Exchange Institutions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 133-153.
- Plott, Charles R. & Smith, Vernon L., "undated". "An Experimental Examination of Two Exchange Institutions," Working Papers 83, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- McCabe, Kevin A & Rassenti, Stephen J & Smith, Vernon L, 1992. "Designing Call Auction Institutions: Is Double Dutch the Best?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 9-23, January.
- Charles N. Noussair & Charles R. Plott & Raymond G. Riezman, 2013.
"An Experimental Investigation of the Patterns of International Trade,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade Agreements and Political Economy, chapter 17, pages 299-328
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Noussair, Charles N & Plott, Charles R & Riezman, Raymond G, 1995. "An Experimental Investigation of the Patterns of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 462-491, June.
- Noussair, Charles & Plott, Charles & Riezman, Raymond., "undated". "An Experimental Investigation of the Patterns of International Trade," Working Papers 799, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deepak Hegde, 2009. "Political Influence behind the Veil of Peer Review: An Analysis of Public Biomedical Research Funding in the United States," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 665-690, November.
- Brian Knight, 2000. "The flypaper effect unstuck: evidence on endogenous grants from the Federal Highway Aid Program," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrew Leigh, 2008.
"Bringing home the bacon: an empirical analysis of the extent and effects of pork-barreling in Australian politics,"
Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 279-299, October.
- Andrew Leigh, 2008. "Bringing Home the Bacon: An empirical analysis of the extent and effects of pork-barreling in Australian politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 580, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Boyle, Melissa A. & Matheson, Victor A., 2009.
"Determinants of the distribution of congressional earmarks across states,"
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 63-65, August.
- Melissa Boyle & Victor Matheson, 2008. "Determinants of the Distribution of Congressional Earmarks Across States," Working Papers 0806, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Cortney S. Rodet, 2014. "Voter Behavior, Term Limits, and Seniority Advantage in Pork-Barrel Politics," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 170(4), pages 646-683, December.
- Viktor Slavtchev & Simon Wiederhold, 2012. "Technological Intensity of Government Demand and Innovation," ifo Working Paper Series 135, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2014. "Fiscal Decentralization - a Survey of the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 59889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valentino Larcinese & Leonzio Rizzo & Cecilia Testa, 2005.
"Allocating the US Federal Budget to the States: the Impact of the President,"
STICERD - Political Economy and Public Policy Paper Series
03, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Larcinese, Valentino & Rizzo, Leonzio & Testa, Cecilia, 2005. "Allocating the US federal budget to the states: the impact of the President," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3611, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joseph McGarrity, 2005. "Macroeconomic conditions and committee re-election rates," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(3), pages 453-480, September.
- Joshua Hall & Amanda Ross & Christopher Yencha, 2015.
"The political economy of the Essential Air Service program,"
Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 147-164, October.
- Joshua C. Hall & Amanda Ross & Christopher Yencha, 2015. "The Political Economy of the Essential Air Service Program," Working Papers 15-18, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Simon Wiederhold, 2012. "The Role of Public Procurement in Innovation: Theory and Empirical Evidence," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 43, April.
- Cecilia Testa & Valentino Larcinse & Leonzio Rizzo, 2004. "The power of the purse: what do the data say on US federal budget allocation to the states?"," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 151, Econometric Society.
- Christopher Duquette & Franklin Mixon & Richard Cebula, 2013. "The Impact of Legislative Tenure and Seniority on General Election Success: Econometric Evidence from U.S. House Races," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(2), pages 161-172, June.
- Brian Knight, 2002. "Endogenous Federal Grants and Crowd-out of State Government Spending: Theory and Evidence from the Federal Highway Aid Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 71-92, March.
- Philippe Vedolim Duchateau & Basilia Aguirre, 2007. "Estrutura Política Como Determinante Dos Gastos Federais," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 031, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- DeBacker, Jason, 2011.
"The price of pork: The seniority trap in the U.S. House,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(1-2), pages 63-78, February.
- DeBacker, Jason, 2011. "The price of pork: The seniority trap in the U.S. House," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 63-78.
- José Bercoff & Osvaldo Meloni, 2009. "Federal budget allocation in an emergent democracy: evidence from Argentina," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 65-83, January.
- Viktor Slavtchev & Simon Wiederhold, 2011. "The Impact of Government Procurement Composition on Private R&D Activities," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-036, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Fowler, Anthony & Hall, Andrew B., 2015. "Congressional seniority and pork: A pig fat myth?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 42-56.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clt:sswopa:898. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victoria Mason). General contact details of provider: http://www.hss.caltech.edu/ss .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .