An economic or political Kuznets curve?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1983. "Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, March.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2000.
"Why Did the West Extend the Franchise? Democracy, Inequality, and Growth in Historical Perspective,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1167-1199.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 1998. "Why did the West Extend the Franchise? Democracy, Inequality and Growth in Historical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 1797, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1997. "I Just Ran Two Million Regressions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 178-183, May.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 2002. "The Political Economy of the Kuznets Curve," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 183-203, June.
- Li, Hongyi & Squire, Lyn & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998.
"Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 26-43, January.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Heng-fu Zou, 1998. "Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 73, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Bruno, Michael & Ravallion, Martin & Squire, Lyn, 1996. "Equity and growth in developing countries : old and new perspectives on the policy issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1563, The World Bank.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Anand, Sudhir & Kanbur, S. M. R., 1993. "The Kuznets process and the inequality--development relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 25-52, February.
- Papanek, Gustav F. & Kyn, Oldrich, 1986. "The effect on income distribution of development, the growth rate and economic strategy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 55-65, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hagemann, Harald & Kufenko, Vadim, 2014. "The political Kuznets curve for Russia: Income inequality, rent seeking regional elites and empirical determinants of protests during 2011/2012," Violette Reihe: Schriftenreihe des Promotionsschwerpunkts "Globalisierung und Beschäftigung" 39/2013, University of Hohenheim, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Evangelisches Studienwerk.
- Andreas Georgiadis & Alan Manning, 2012.
"Spend it like Beckham? Inequality and redistribution in the UK, 1983–2004,"
Springer, vol. 151(3), pages 537-563, June.
- Georgiadis, Andreas & Manning, Alan, 2007. "Spend it like Beckham? Inequality and redistribution in the UK, 1983-2004," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19697, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andreas Georgiadis & Alan Manning, 2007. "Spend It Like Beckham? Inequality and Redistribution in the UK, 1983-2004," CEP Discussion Papers dp0816, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adalgiso Amendola & Joshy Easaw & Antonio Savoia, 2013.
"Inequality in developing economies: the role of institutional development,"
Springer, vol. 155(1), pages 43-60, April.
- AMENDOLA, Adalgiso & EASAW, Joshy & SAVOIA, Antonio, 2010. "Inequality in Developing Economies: The Role of Institutional Development," CELPE Discussion Papers 116, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Adalgiso Amendola & Joshy Easaw & Antonio Savoia, 2011. "Inequality in Developing Economies: The Role of Institutional Development," Discussion Papers 1107, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Ann-Sofie Isaksson, 2011.
"Social divisions and institutions: assessing institutional parameter variation,"
Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 331-357, June.
- Isaksson, Ann-Sofie, 2008. "Social divisions and institutions: Assessing institutional parameter variation," Working Papers in Economics 282, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2011.
- Hazama, Yasushi, 2017. "The impact of exports on income inequality in developing countries," IDE Discussion Papers 650, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Oksana Melikhova & Jakub Čížek, 2014. "Kuznets Inverted U-Curve Hypothesis Examined on Up-To Date Observations for 145 Countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(3), pages 388-410.
- Tobias F. Rötheli, 2011. "The Kuznets curve: determinants of its shape and the role of finance," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 149-159, June.
- Tam, Henry, 2011. "U-shaped female labor participation with economic development: Some panel data evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 140-142, February.
- Brais Alvarez-Pereira & Catherine S. E. Bale & Bernardo Alves Furtado & James E. Gentile & Claudius Gräbner & Heath Henderson & Francesca Lipari, 2015. "Social Institutions and Economic Inequality: Modeling the Onset of the Kuznets Curve," Discussion Papers 0204, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
More about this item
KeywordsKuznets curve; Inequality; Democratization; Economic development; Panel data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:134:y:2008:i:3:p:367-389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.