The political economy of trade liberalization in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard E. Caves, 1976. "Economic Models of Political Choice: Canada's Tariff Structure," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 9(2), pages 278-300, May.
- Kuran, Timur, 1988. "The tenacious past: Theories of personal and collective conservatism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 143-171, September.
- Baldwin, Robert E., 1984. "Trade policies in developed countries," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 571-619 Elsevier.
- Pincus, J J, 1975. "Pressure Groups and the Pattern of Tariffs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 757-778, August.
- Lal, Deepak, 1987. "The Political Economy of Economic Liberalization," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 273-299, January.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1982. "The order of economic liberalization: Lessons from Chile and Argentina," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 159-186, January.
- Dee, Philippa S., 1984. "Economic policy making and the role of special interest groups: Some evidence for South Korea," Kiel Working Papers 217, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Berg, Andrew & Sachs, Jeffrey, 1988.
"The debt crisis structural explanations of country performance,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 271-306, November.
- Andrew Berg & Jeffrey Sachs, 1988. "The Debt Crisis: Structural Explanations of Country Performance," NBER Working Papers 2607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert O. Hirschman, 1968. "The Political Economy of Import-Substituting Industrialization in Latin America," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-32.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1987. "Trade and Exchange Rate Policies in Growth-Oriented Adjustment Programs," NBER Working Papers 2226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989.
"Openness, Outward Orientation, Trade Liberalization and Economic Performance in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
2908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1989. "Openness, outward orientation, trade liberalization, and economic performance in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 191, The World Bank.
- Quibria, M G, 1989. " Neoclassical Political Economy: An Application to Trade Policies," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 107-136.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Meng-chun, 2002. "Determinants of Taiwan's Trade Liberalization: The Case of a Newly Industrialized Country," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 975-989, June.
More about this item
Keywordstrade liberalization; collective action; protectionism; rent-seeking; freender; developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:1:y:1990:i:2:p:111-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.