The political economy of stabilization: Commitment, capacity, and public response
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Orleans, Leo A., 1975. "China's experience on population control: The elusive model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(7-8), pages 497-525.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-319, June.
- Hirschman,Albert O., 1981. "Essays in Trespassing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521282437, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephan Haggard & Robert Kaufman, 1989. "The Politics of Stabilization and Structural Adjustment," NBER Chapters,in: Developing Country Debt and the World Economy, pages 263-274 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dunham, David & Kelegam, Saman, 1997. "Does leadership matter in the economic reform process? Liberalization and governance in Sri Lanka, 1989-1993," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 179-190, February.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:297994 is not listed on IDEAS
- Resnick, Danielle & Babu, Suresh Chandra & Haggblade, Steven & Hendriks, Sheryl & Mather, David, 2015. "Conceptualizing drivers of policy change in agriculture, nutrition, and food security: The kaleidoscope model:," IFPRI discussion papers 1414, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jacky AMPROU, 2003. "Interest Groups and Demand for IMF Arrangements: Empirical Analysis of the Duration of Periods without Agreement between the IMF and Sub-Saharan African Countries," Working Papers 200301, CERDI.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schmieding, Holger, 1991. "Zur Konsistenz und Glaubwürdigkeit von Wirtschaftsreformen: Einige Erfahrungen und Lehren für die Systemtransformation in Mittel- und Osteuropa," Kiel Discussion Papers 166, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wetzel DL., 1993. "Adjustment lending, conditionality and public capital expenditure in sub- saharan Africa: an overview," ILO Working Papers 992979943402676, International Labour Organization.
- Arjan de Haan & Ward Warmerdam, 2012. "The politics of aid revisited: a review of evidence on state capacity and elite commitment," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series esid-007-12, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Ball, Richard & Rausser, Gordon, 1995.
"Governance structures and the durability of economic reforms: Evidence from inflation stabilizations,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 897-912, June.
- Ball, Richard & Rausser, Gordon C., 1993. "Governance structures and the durability of economic reforms; evidence from inflation stabilizations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7qt9r513, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Pedersen, JOrgen Dige, 2000. "Explaining Economic Liberalization in India: State and Society Perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 265-282, February.
- Stephan Haggard & Robert Kaufman, 1989. "The Politics of Stabdization and Structural Adjustment," NBER Chapters,in: Developing Country Debt and Economic Performance, Volume 1: The International Financial System, pages 209-254 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cook, Paul & Hulme, David, 1986. "Liberalisation and Regional Development," Manchester Discussion Papers in Development Studies 232633, University of Manchester, School of Economics, International Development Centre.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:12:y:1984:i:10:p:983-1006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.