Openness, outward orientation, trade liberalization, and economic performance in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989. "Openness, Outward Orientation, Trade Liberalization and Economic Performance in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 2908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anca Maria GHERMAN & George ȘTEFAN, 2015. "Exports – trends and impacts on Romania’s economic growth process," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(603), S), pages 43-54, Summer.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "Cross-country studies of growth and policy : methodological, conceptual, and statistical problems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 608, The World Bank.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(602):y:2015:i:2(602):p:43-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alireza Rahimi-Boroujerdi, 2005. "An Empirical & Theoretical Study about the Effects of Tariff on Economic Growth," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 10(1), pages 105-133, spring.
- Raiser, Martin, 1993. "The no-exit economy: Soft budget constraints and the causes of success or failure of economic reforms in developing countries," Kiel Working Papers 581, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Backus, David K. & Kehoe, Patrick J. & Kehoe, Timothy J., 1992. "In search of scale effects in trade and growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 377-409, December.
- Tybout, James R., 1991. "Researching the trade - productivity link : new directions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 638, The World Bank.
- Ibarra, Luis Alberto, 1995. "Credibility of trade policy reform and investment: the Mexican experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 39-60, June.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Financial repression and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 5-30, July.
- Havrylyshyn, Oleh & Tarr, David, 1991. "Trade liberalization and the transition to a market economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 700, The World Bank.
- Michele Bullock & Stephen Grenville & Geoffrey Heenan, 1993. "The Exchange Rate and the Current Account," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Adrian Blundell-Wignall (ed.), The Exchange Rate, International Trade and the Balance of Payments Reserve Bank of Australia.
- María Soledad Feal Zubimendi, 2008.
"Crecimiento económico y apertura comercial: análisis de la influencia de los canales,"
Universidad Nacional del Sur, Departamento de Economia, vol. 25(50), pages 37-73, January-j.
- Feal-Zubimendi, Soledad, 2007.
"Crecimiento Económico y Apertura Comercial: Análisis de la Influencia de los Canales
[Trade Openness and Economic Growth: Analysis of the Channels of Influence]," MPRA Paper 63343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feal-Zubimendi, Soledad, 2007. "Crecimiento Económico y Apertura Comercial: Análisis de la Influencia de los Canales
- Mustapha Nabli, 1990. "The political economy of trade liberalization in developing countries," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 111-145, June.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl, 2010.
"Why Have Economic Reforms in Mexico Not Generated Growth?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1005-1027, December.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl, 2010. "Why have economic reforms in Mexico not generated growth?," Staff Report 453, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl, 2010. "Why Have Economic Reforms in Mexico Not Generated Growth?," NBER Working Papers 16580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghali, Khalifa H. & Trabelsi, Hédi, 2006. "Capital Ownership And Its Impact On International Trade And Economic Growth: The Tunisian Experience," MPRA Paper 78974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aitken, Brian J., 1992. "Measuring trade policy intervention : a cross-country index of relative price dispersion," Policy Research Working Paper Series 838, The World Bank.
- Johnston, Paul V., 1992. "Trade Dependency Index Tables for Total, Merchandise and Agricultural Trade, 1960-88," Statistical Bulletin 154764, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990.
"Lecture Notes on Economic Growth(II): Five Prototype Models of Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Lecture notes on economic growth (II): Five prototype models of endogenous growth," Economics Working Papers 78, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Dimitrios Paparas & Christian Richter, 2015. "Fiscal policy and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the European Union," Working Papers 2015.06, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Mandeng, Ousmène Jacques, 1991. "Competitividad internacional y especialización," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Khalifa Ghali, 1999. "Government size and economic growth: evidence from a multivariate cointegration analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 975-987.
- Farhad Rassekh, 1993. "International trade and the relative dispersion of industrial wages and production techniques in 14 OECD countries, 1970–1985," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 325-344, September.
- I. Goldin & D. Evans, 1991. "Trade Reform and Structural Adjustment," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 59(3), pages 141-151, September.
- Agarwal, Jamuna Prasad & Langhammer, Rolf J. & Lücke, Matthias & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1995. "Export expansion and diversification in Central and Eastern Europe: what can be learnt from East and Southeast Asia?," Kiel Discussion Papers 261, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sengupta, Jati K. & Okamura, Kumiko, 1996. "Learning by doing and openness in Japanese growth: A new approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 43-64, March.
More about this item
KeywordsTF054105-DONOR FUNDED OPERATION ADMINISTRATION FEE INCOME AND EXPENSE ACCOUNT; Economic Theory&Research; Trade Policy; Environmental Economics&Policies; Achieving Shared Growth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.