Product uniqueness as a driver of customer utility in mass customization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Noussair, Charles & Robin, Stephane & Ruffieux, Bernard, 2004. "Revealing consumers' willingness-to-pay: A comparison of the BDM mechanism and the Vickrey auction," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 725-741, December.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1985. "Experimental Economics: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 264-272, March.
- Rothkopf, Michael H & Teisberg, Thomas J & Kahn, Edward P, 1990. "Why Are Vickrey Auctions Rare?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 94-109, February.
- Simonson, Itamar & Nowlis, Stephen M, 2000. " The Role of Explanations and Need for Uniqueness in Consumer Decision Making: Unconventional Choices Based on Reasons," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 49-68, June.
- McAlister, Leigh & Pessemier, Edgar, 1982. " Variety Seeking Behavior: An Interdisciplinary Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 311-322, December.
- Thompson, Craig J & Haytko, Diana L, 1997. " Speaking of Fashion: Consumers' Uses of Fashion Discourses and the Appropriation of Countervailing Cultural Meanings," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 15-42, June.
- Von Hippel, Eric A. & Katz, Ralph, 2002. "Shifting Innovation to Users Via Toolkits," Working papers 4232-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Simonson, Itamar & Nowlis, Stephen M., 2000. "The Role of Explanations and Need for Uniqueness in Consumer Decision Making: Unconventional Choices Based on Reasons," Research Papers 1610, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Belk, Russell W & Wallendorf, Melanie & Sherry, John F, Jr, 1989. " The Sacred and the Profane in Consumer Behavior: Theodicy on the Odyssey," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-38, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven J. Stanton & Janell D. Townsend & Wooseong Kang, 2016. "Aesthetic responses to prototypicality and uniqueness of product design," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 235-246, June.
- Fogliatto, Flavio S. & da Silveira, Giovani J.C. & Borenstein, Denis, 2012. "The mass customization decade: An updated review of the literature," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 14-25.
- Oksana Loginova & X. Henry Wang, 2009.
"Customization: Ideal Varieties, Product Uniqueness and Price Competition,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2573-2581.
- Oksana Loginova & X. H. Wang, 2009. "Customization: Ideal Varieties, Product Uniqueness and Price Competition," Working Papers 0904, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00649498 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Antonietta Raimondo & Gaetano Nino Miceli & Stefania Farace, 2013. "Self o mass branding? La relazione tra personalizzazione e marca," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(4), pages 149-171.
- Alves, Helena & Fernandes, Cristina & Raposo, Mário, 2016. "Value co-creation: Concept and contexts of application and study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1626-1633.
- Mazodier, Marc & Merunka, Dwight, 2014. "Beyond brand attitude: Individual drivers of purchase for symbolic cobranded products," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1552-1558.
- Frances Turner & Aurelie Merle & Pauline Fatien Diochon, 2011. "How to Assess and Increase the Value of a Co-Design Experience: a Synthesis of the Extant Literature," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00649498, HAL.
- Wong, Hartanto & Lesmono, Dharma, 2013. "On the evaluation of product customization strategies in a vertically differentiated market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 105-117.
More about this item
KeywordsMass customization; Self-design; Co-creation; Uniqueness; Willingness to pay;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:19:y:2008:i:2:p:93-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.